Reply To: This game is still broken as hell. It's too hard.

Participant

I mean, the fact that you finished one mission, the tutorial, and then refused both one and two skull quests that could have helped you get money and experience says quite a lot. Three skull missions are designed to either be unbeatable, a fight you should walk away from, or very difficult, a fight that will cost you a few mercenaries. Doesn’t mean they always play out that way. It does mean you shouldn’t be bee lining straight to them if you intend to get unhappy about losses. As for world-map enemies, running away from a lot of fights is very important until mid to late game.

Am i reading this right, BB is one of your all time favourite games but you gave it a negative steam review? Why not go positive and then add a cautionary note to those that aren’t prepared to sink enough time to learn how to prosper in ironman?

…meant to quote your other post dude sorry!

I have played this game for 1110 hrs on steam’s record, but I don’t think it’s wrong that someone left a negative review for it even he/she mostly like the game. A game deserves both positive and negative reviews from its players. And sometimes, the more you love it, the more disappointment you will get from it.

Yeah sure but it was described as an ‘all-time favourite’ which is a somewhat different vibe to ‘mostly like’. Anyway I’d just like to clarify that I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful to Ledgren’s opinion, I was just intrigued to understand the rational. And I have to say I was really pleased to read his reply which made perfect sense and didn’t indicate any annoyance at my question (hopefully).

I would also describe this game as one of my all-time favourites. I’ve got 1300hrs+ on steam since early access, but i don’t think its perfect either. Really excited for the expansion, it will address some, but not all of the issues that would be on my own list of constructive feedback points. I’m just happy that Overhype are now striving for better, its generally the only way to reach perfect!