Reply To: Defense Skill Tree Discussion

Participant

The thing with ‘Fortified Mind’ is that there are just too few enemies yet that really attack your men’s resolve. We have a bunch more interesting planned with some skills such as charm/dominate, so the perk should end up becoming more useful in the future.

Sounds good. That would also make resolve more viable as a stat to level up.

Personally, Return the Favor should be a passive, with reduced % stun probability. I like how the Utility and Offensive tree gives you an option between an Active and a Passive, both of which are fairly strong and viable choices.

I mean, my non-nimble thief tanks are going into melee, and either shieldwall/spearwall or attack or bash. No extra AP to Return Favor on that turn.

Fortified mind is rather useful vs Living Souls, that’s about it.

Battle forged is somewhat strong vs Archers popping off Quick Shots, but a few hits from a crossbow and your armor is still going to drop real quick. Plus, it doesn’t stop you from getting WTFBBQ’d by someone with a Greataxe, at all.

Rotation is insanely strong for keeping your frontline charged up.

Having Return Favour be passive would make it way too powerful though. It would be like giving the merc a perk that gives them a passive chance at reposting every attack that misses.