Reply To: Larger more epic map please

Participant

Blunt obsidian? Do you mean the Aztec weapons? Those were sort of blunt but still had obsidian embedded in them. Obsidian is actually interesting because it was and still is the sharpest tool around. It also loses its edge really quickly though, so you’d need an active volcano nearby if you want to use it a lot.

Having the gauntlets as two-handed weapons would just look weird. A fast-fight is a last resort, not your main weapon.

/

You wouldn’t find them all in one place at the same time, though. That’s the point where it can get kind of ridiculous. Though again, I don’t really mind as long as they all serve a function, as that is what makes the diversity meaningful. Without it, they’re essentially nothing but different art assets with slightly different mechanics that you’ll never see because you’ll never use them. I’d rather see them have an actual use, so that you can see why there were so many different weapon variants in those periods.

Never heard of that. Mind sharing a source? I’ve heard of the lariat being used in the sense of it being a lasso, but not as a whip. Can’t say that I know that much about Eastern European warfare though, so it could be that I simply wasn’t aware of it. If they did get used like that, they’d make for a neat expansion weapon for an Eastern European faction if it matches the time period.