Reply To: Real Value of Ranged Brothers

Participant

Why everyone is suggesting my ranged brothers to use melee weapons? Just what stats have you increased for your archers!? щ(ºДºщ)

Fatigue (to fire a bow and wear better armor), Ranged Attack (to be able to hit) and Melee Attack (to be able to hit if forced into melee). Since I don’t need my archers to be in the front row I don’t need Melee Defense and Ranged Defense is not really needed when your archers can win the contest with enemy archers (the only exception being skeleton archers) by killing them first. There are no real ranged threats in the game so far.

Can you fire arrow without meatshields to protect you!? щ(ºДºщ)

My point is – if my brother can’t hit the wide side of a barn he’s a meatshield. His only purpose is to occupy enemies while archers do their job. If he dies I can always hire another one who will be capable of doing this bare minimum.

When enemy comes in front of you, can you still fire arrow or reload? (you will exhaust all pre-loaded crossbows in your belt inventory in a second) For this reason, I think melee brother is actually INEVITABLE member for any team.

They can still be classified as meatshields before they reach the ranks of valuable members of the team. Archers start as near useless to become the most powerful and end up still being useful or very useful. Having 2 archers bring bigger benefits – in my opinion – than not having them.