Reply To: Defense Skill Tree Discussion

Participant

Both Battle Forged and Collossus give you more survivability. Since two-handers can’t really effectively dodge it’s wise to have as much armor and life as possible to see them live through combat. Unless your concept is “offense is best defense”. Besides, both perks are at tier 1, so they aren’t very cost-intense. If anything I find Utility tree at tier 1 to be more a waste of skills for two-handers, but they need to spend at least 3 points to unlock Brawny, Weapon Master and Battle Flow. I think the whole concept of a skill tree should be reworked. Make it an actual tree (or trees).

A few points: First, the HP gain you will obtain through Colossus is very marginal, and HPs are not all that useful anyways in terms of survivial in this game.

Second, more importantly, I simply do not understand why you would use a 2 hander on a unit not dedicated to DPS. No, I do not mean “offense is best defense.” I mean a non DPS character using a 2 hander will neither DPS well nor be survivable. It simply doesn’t make sense. Without Perfect Focus, you won’t swing a 2 hander more than once anyways in most cases. Even with Battle Flow, the swings won’t increase that much. And with Perfect Focus, you have no room to get into the Defense tree, because you need at least one Fatigue mitigating tier 2 Utility Perk. So explain to me what build are you trying to describe?

Fortified Mind doesn’t protect user against morale checks when allies who don’t have this skill start running. Just saying.

In my experience, just a few Fortified Mind tanks can by themselves annihilate Lost Souls.