Reply To: Suggestion №…

Participant

I’m not a very experienced or “old” player of Battle Brothers, but I can say that I, at least know what all this is about…
From an aesthetic point of view, I absolutely LOVE the idea of getting personalized equipment, and one of the ideas I came up with was adding two more equipment slots: one for the hat decoration (if hat allows, like the Full Helmet), and the other for a very thin layer of cloth with perhaps colors and patterns (that could also maybe give a very small amount of protection like 10 body armor).
As to the whole level up thing, I’ve got two ideas…
The first one is that the mercenary could get a “promotion” at set levels. For example, a new mercenary (level 1) could have a “Rookie” rank, and if he survives to reach level 3, he could get the “Footman” rank, a very high chance of getting the max stat (just for that level-up).
The second one is that if the mercenary reaches a certain rank, he could even get bonuses for using a certain weapon (say the mercenary reaches level 3 rank Footman and he can choose to be a Swordsman with bonus bleeding damage, a Spearman with even more bonus hit chance, a Double-handed sword user with bonus chances to hit the head, and the list goes on…). I just can’t help but imagine a third page on every mercenary (after the equipment and perks) whith the silhouettes of every “Class” that also say their bonuses and maybe some lore…
Anyway…
Sorry for the VERY long post, but I guess some opinions are always welcome?