Reply To: Combat feedback (angry and annoyed)

Participant

when the RNG stops to influence on the outcome and will only tool for it’s correct behavior change – then enough.

The point of the RNG is to DETERMINE the outcome of your actions. Like in traditional Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. It’s you who influence the outcome by changing the hit chance with your actions.

Why do you think the developers had to do the first fight scripting – because under the existing game mechanics, at least 50% of the players were not able to start the game

Because you’re supposed to take horrible losses to fit the scenario of you ending up with only 3 mercenaries and explain why you yourself – the leader – are not being present in combat and how you became the leader?

But I would like to know the source of your claims, since you are using numbers to prove your point.

But I’m afraid we’re talking about different things and in different languages. I am speaking that RNG as an accepted variant of replay value and false interestingness in games – a very bad fashion, and that the players and game developers (overwhelmingly) simply forgot or did not even see how you can do interesting complex games without RNG in all aspects of the game.

Or they made a conscious decision to make an interesting, complex game WITH RNG as intended. The same did developers of “Mordheim: City of the Damned” and many, many other RNG-based games. If you want game without RNG, then you need to look for different games.

And you’re talking about “complain”…

Indeed I am. That’s what they do. They simply don’t understand how this works and blame everything on luck.