Reply To: Suggestions/Ideas and Fixes

Participant

First off, I want to say that I’m an honors student pursuing a master’s in psychology. Writing papers is more than common in my field. Though my own post lacks some grammatical consistency, it is because I am passionate about where I want this game to go, and I didn’t take the time to look at my own grammar. Take in mind, I did say grammatical issues and not vocabulary. You may not have encountered these issues, but I have. If the developers truly want everyone in the game to sound medieval, then they would use old English (e.g. Thou, Wilt, Doth, etc.). On the contrary, they sound like the modern youtuber playing a medieval game. By that, I mean, they use modern language and a lot of cussing (which kinda sucks in my opinion). This is counteracted by old sounding peasantry talk, which takes away the grammatical consistency. I’ve encountered run-on sentences, misplaced/no commas, and maybe even a fragment. Some of these sentences are understandable after rereading, but I don’t want to have to reread them. The uneducated dialogue encountered in the game isn’t very readable at times. I like how they talk all uneducated sounding, but the actual grammar (periods, commas, and sentence structure) could use some work. There’s a way to make people sound uneducated without using wrong punctuation. I’d like to ask if you looked at my other points. I don’t want to assume you didn’t read them, but I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the other points I tried to convey.