Reply To: [Beta patch] Allow us to see recruit's stats for god's sake…

Participant

Don’t care if they give it as an option, but I do prefer the way it is. On a side note, what game doesn’t reward save scumming. Some try to stop it more than others, but all will reward you by getting to change your mistakes. Save scumming is always rewarding, that’s why you have to discipline yourself to not use it. If the devs change to suit you, good for you, but your post did come across as a bit demanding. Especially since no one could be truly said to be “forcing” you to waste your time. Also, what is “dumb” is very speculative and since I’ll wager the devs allowed it by design instead of accidentally, the comment probably isn’t very helpful to your case.

I did specifically address demanding in one of my replies not sure if you saw that. So i refute this claim about demanding as simply ad hominem.

If people want hardcore experience, they can play ironman, some of us dont – or rather at least i dont. If you have a feature that frustrates someone, and you can easily circumvent this feature, then this feature is poorly designed. Either change the feature or create an option to turn it off. You prefer the way it is, i dont. It frustrates me, needlessly. Im asking for something that removes frustration for me, and does nothing for you. To be quite honest i dont see what it is you lose here. Also note that i specified in another reply that im no pushing for any time table, or anything, just asking them to consider doing this.

I like the fact that I don’t know stats of people who I’m hiring and there is that “random” factor.
If you’d show the stats of battle brothers, their professions become basicly a fluff noone would even care about, hiring the best guys out there.

If you want to min-max, savescum. This game is loosely inspired by UFO games, and even the nu-xcom ain’t showing soldier stats. That’s actually very good design choice for such game.

BUT, they could add some kind of option to evalute “talents” of some brothers. Maybe as tips from the Innkeeper? Lets say that there is Ulfric The Beast on your potential recruit list. You should have an option to ask the Innkeeper about him for a few gold coins, so he tells you what he might know “yadda yadda yadda, Ulfric is pretty strong and he mastered the sword, I tell ya!”
Or just more potential gossip about guys in a recruit list, so you might get an idea who’s a goldfish.

Sure why not, that sounds ok (in fact this could work pretty well specially after the new game start now that i think about it, pretty good idea).