Reply To: Paul´s Art Corner

Participant

Please dont encourage them with this DLC talk, the game aint even out yet ?

But i agree with the rest wholeheartedly.

The game now has a bunch of medium to high tier unique weapons and armors that are awesome. Literally 0 complaint there.

But IMO what we need now are unique and extremely rare versions of some fairly common low(er) level items. For example add fairly common, rare, extremely rare, and stupidly extremely rare variation of a raider/thug armor; you dont even need to do too much work i think, just add more fluff to the items raiders/thugs already use, you know like add furs, are more padding details etc. Im talking items that arent too OP (they have like 5 or 10 more armor) but add a metric shit ton of esthetic awesomeness, epic coolness, and RPG value to a single brother after a battle. You know how you have that event that can give you a 2 handed sword early on? Thats a great example of what you guys should do on a grander scale. That 2 handed sword isnt really anything super special, but its something you wont be able to get for at least some hours into the game; yet you get lucky, trigger that event, and BOOM you just have essentially military grade weapon that turns one of your bros into potential massive damage dealer, and it may even have impact on your whole party composition and battle tactics.

^thats what i absolutely adore in this game.

If i had my own way id have you work on items and items alone for like a month or something, until we have unique version of vast majority of items, even the lowest tiers ones. ?

Absolutely agree with that comment, but I have a little different view. What this game really needs is legendary items, but they has to be not only the items which have chance to hit head or damage boost. They have to provide us with new experience and unique abilities. Like Frangshire helm does, like Horadric cube does it in Diablo 2, like Allien Blaster does it in Fallout 2. These items have to become a legend which will be retold from one player to another. A lot of things can be invented, for example legendary bow (+2 vision, +2 range), pike of a giant (allows 3 tiles range hit, instead of 2), cheater’s dagger (+20% chance to hit via puncture), Van Helsing blade (burn vampires with one hit) and so on. Off course they would be very very rare.
The same is suitable for special encounters and quests. Just remember how we replay Fallout 2 by character with very high luck rate just to see all these special encounters. And also told to our friends about them and got their respect.