Reply To: New Names Suggestion

Participant

I’ve been mailing something similar with the devs in the past, as I too strongly support the variation and name diversity.

My reasoning was that if units look like generic north-central european ones, therefore using gear that was worn from Scotland to Poland, from Sweden to Slovenia, then the names of the brothers should reflect that.

Although it’s a question which variation of the name should be used, since most languages had their own variation of the same name, such a Mícheál, Michael, Michel, Mihál, Mihael, Mihajlo, etc. or Stiofán, Stephen, Steffen, Štefan, Stefan, Stjepan, etc.

Here’s the list I suggested, which is a balanced mix of Scandinavic, Germanic, French, Norman, Anglo-Saxon, Celtic, Welsh, Romanic, Slavic and Christian/Biblical names:
    “Sigurd”     “Siegfried”    “Benedict”    “Teoderic”    “Harald”    “Ludovic”    “Sigbold”    “Gregor”   “Cedric”    “Gunther”    “Egon”    “Friedrich”    “Boris”    “Olafur”    “Knut”    “Baldric”    “Aldric”    “Arthur”    “Agnar”    “Ulfberht”    “Tostig”    “Bertram”    “Albrecht”    “Baldomar”    “Brian”    “Erwin”    “Arnold”    “Edmund”    “Arnulf”    “Vladimir”    “Bjarni”    “Henri”    “Alrik”    “Hubert”    “Berengar”    “Ernust”    “Robin”    “Horik”    “Gerhard”    “Lutobor”    “Bogdan”    “Alexander”    “Iulius”    “Gottfried”    “Peter”    “Martin”    “Ferdinand”    Dominic”    “Gerold”    “Gerulf”    “Patrick”    “Karl”    “Bjorn”    “Dagobert”    “Erik”    “Philip”    “Hakon”    “Fergus”    “Randolf”    “Rollo”    “Leif”    “Torstein”    “Radomir”    “Ivan”    “Reynhart”    “Baldur”    “Olaf”    “Egil”    “Magnus”    “Gunnar”    “Georg”    “Jan”    Torvald”    “Bernhard”    “Einar”    “Ragnar”    “Dimitri”    “Eberold”    “Bertwin”    “Reimund”    “Wolf”    “Eberhardt”    “Hugo”    “Johannes”    “William”    “Haribert”    “Engelbert”    “Francis”    “Gawain”    “Torkel”    “Dunstan”    “Torleif”    “Erhard”    “Valdemar”    “Ulf”    “Otto”    “Hermann”    “Heinrich”    “Halsten”    “Edward”    “Eadwulf”    “Aldemar”    “Hrothgar”    “Leofric”    “Lothar”    “Manfred”    “Dietrich”    “Wulfric”    “Sigmund”    “Kurt”    “Volkun”    “Ulrich”    “Grimald”    “Berthold”    “Alberic”    “Bertolf”    “Walter”    “Humbert”    “Adelmar”    “Konrad”    “Radulf”    “Rudolf”    “Adalbert”    “Hjalmar”    “Reiner”    “Roland”    “Alfred”    “Tristan”    “Robert”    “Wolfram”    “Andreas”    “Reynhold”    “Raimund”    “Dylan”    “Roderic”    “Jakob”    “Llewelyn”    “Richard”    “Geoffrey”    “Leonard”    “Gabriel”    “Michael”    “Augustus”    “Frederick”    “Edgar”    “Stephen”    “Victor”    “Conan”    “Maximillian”    “Leopold”    “Nicholas”    “Urban”    “Clement”    “Sebastian”    “Anton”    “Christopher”    “Gustav”    “Thomas”    “Oswald”    “Marcus”    “Abelard”