Reply To: [Beta] Ranged hit chances / damage are just insane

Participant

Since all backgrounds have been given more ranged skill, all backgrounds should also get more hit points to buff against injuries in the early game when decent armour is scarce.

It’s not just early game problem, crossbow bolt to the head can inflict above 40 dmg right through the best helmets in top condition, if I got my math right (70 max dmg on heavy crossbow * 150% headshot * 70% armor pen – 10% armor (best helmet i’ve seen was 334, though game counts it after damage) ). Considering that my bros tend to have about 60 hp (and trying to get more means sacrificing att/def/fat for measly hp gain), that’s just one more bolt away from death. 70% armor penetration is just too high even against best armor.

Even if I were to take Steel Brow to remove crit, that would be above 15 dmg through best helmet in top condition.

From my experience this is actually one of the main problems. From my testing, and I deliberately tested this, if the ‘obstacle hit’ is triggered, and the obstacle happens to be one of your brothers, he is automatically hit no matter what his ranged defense.

Is there already a bug report for this? Suspected it for a long time, but I’m not sure how to report it an provable/testable manner…