Reply To: Impressions, and things I'd like to see.

Participant

I noticed something odd while playing the game today. The towns in my area are almost all destitute, and trade has all but stopped as several orc camps have sprung up near the center of the map. Since the map spawned with one big circular road that connects all the cities, that means that these particular orc camps can threaten every caravan, and every town, at the same time. It’s pretty intimidating, because by the time I noticed them the central camp had grown to the point where it is rated as Invincible. I haven’t tried attacking them yet, since I lost all but two of my battle brothers in a raid against a Dangerous orc camp. The idea of fighting an Invincible camp right now is pretty daunting.

What I noticed, however, is that several of the camps have different banners. To me, this would indicate different orc clans or something. I haven’t seen any orc parties fighting one another, but seeing those different banners did make me wonder if they ever do. In the same vein, I can’t help but wonder if orc parties will fight bandits, or undead. I’m also curious if the castle patrols ever burn down camps themselves, or if your mercenary party is the only thing that controls the bandit population right now. I know that someone said something about other mercenary parties roaming the map in the future, and I presume that they would attack enemy camps, but I think it would be interesting to see some more conflict between the factions. That is, of course, assuming that it isn’t already happening and I just haven’t noticed.

On an unrelated note: the tooltip for the Fainthearted trait says that the character sometimes needs a “pad” on the back. It should probably say that they need a “pat” on the back.