Reply To: Undead Orcs

Participant

I don´t think you have to feel dirty for saying this. Maybe Hollywood wanted to give that impression as it is not only a film producing factory but also a propaganda machinery.

But when it comes to foreign languages the more they differ from our own and the less we are used to them the more alien they sound to us. This leads to misinterpretations. I do have some friends who come from former Sovjet Union states. They almost lived their whole life in germany. You would not notice where they come from. But as their parents spoke russian in the first place and usually have a bit more problems learning a new language their german is not as well. So they do speak russian at home. And from my point of view every littly small talk sounds like an argument. Mostly because of the lack of understanding as I only know a few words in russian. Many americans might have similar problems with the german language for the same reason.

"I am a Paladin!"
>OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
"OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"