Reply To: Generating battle brothers

Participant

Dear PsenBattle,

Thank you for replying – this why I think you devs are so great because you really take your time and even if a suggestion is stupid (mine is of course NOT) – you take your time to explain your reasoning…

I understand why you did what you did but I still think it is a bad idea. The older system made leveling so much more enjoyable, even if you rolled shit!
Hell I admit that I, too, “cheated” once or twice if the overall results were really horrible and – why not?

On the other side of the spectrum I had a great swordmaster who always rolled the 2 on melee attack but rolled well on defense – it goes without saying I kept him this way and renamed him “Blind-Justice” – he was not the best hitter but did really never got hit himself due to the “Nimble” perk…

I mean – the dice rolling makes them so much more human – both, the good as much as on the bad results. The brothers are not generic but have flaws. You are just taking options away from players, decisions on how they want to play, you know…

And it is not really “unfair” as it is a single player game – you are cheating to no one but yourself…

I do not want to bicker but would still prefer it to not “down” this discussion as I think we might gather some good ideas here…

But I will of course accept whatever solution will finally be in the game and will be anxiously awaiting your perk system update!

Thanx again!