Topic: A fun idea for everyone to try: Knightly Order

• Author
    Participant

The idea of a roving band of various types of soldiery getting a little old? Then why not try to roleplay the game as a roaming, land-less Knightly order as opposed to a company of mercs?

Rules:
    – Choose a banner that isn’t tattered.
    – Name your company something along the lines “The Order of XXX” or “The Knight’s of XXX”, preferably something that could be represented by your banner.
    – Outfit your Knights with a sword and heavy armor, and give them Heater or Kite shields, preferably in your “Order’s” colors.
    – Only hire those of nobility or similar classes (this, obviously, may not be possible early game as they tend to be expensive). If you hire someone who isn’t a noble, title them “Squire”, or make them a Sergeant and give them equipment befitting a Man-at-Arms. Keep your squires back from combat (or not) and try to keep your Sergeants with their respective Knight. If they have a religious background, make them a Chaplain.
    – Give your all of your Knights the prefix of “Sir” and a title.

Ideas:
    – Try to keep squires in normal clothes and out of combat. I would say try to have one for each Knight. but that’s not really feasible with the current party size limit. (Maybe one day)
    – Roleplay as to what kind of order you are. Are you a monastic order of warrior-monks? Are you similar to the Order of the Flaming Rose from the Witcher series, fighting monsters and non-humans? Are you dastardly hedge-knights; Terrorizing peasants and working for the highest bidder? Or are you a noble band of paladins helping the weak and downtrodden?
    In the future, if modding ever becomes a possibility, I would really like to work on making this an actual thing. I have a few ideas I’d like to implement.
    – If a squire or sergeant does something of note, Knight them!

Participant

I am going to try thanks for the idea.

Participant

Nice idea, I think I’ll try that too ;-)

Participant

Yeah, nice concept. I just do not thimk that squires (they are in game annd pretty tough) must not wearing mail and proper weapon, just not like knight brothers have.
    So ho is noble in the game? Adventurous Knights and squires obviously are, but how about hedge knights and bastards? I do not remember, if improverished noble is in bacjgrounds of game characters right now.
    This roleplay concept may require to use every knight you can find (fat and craven too) and every crown you can collect, so yes, it can be interesting when you reach game top level with ordinary company. But I did not by now :)

Participant

Yeah, nice concept. I just do not thimk that squires (they are in game annd pretty tough) must not wearing mail and proper weapon, just not like knight brothers have.
    So ho is noble in the game? Adventurous Knights and squires obviously are, but how about hedge knights and bastards? I do not remember, if improverished noble is in bacjgrounds of game characters right now.
    This roleplay concept may require to use every knight you can find (fat and craven too) and every crown you can collect, so yes, it can be interesting when you reach game top level with ordinary company. But I did not by now :)

Like I said, if modding ever becomes a possibility, there are a few things I’d like to change to make this idea more feasible. Hopefully one day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.