Topic: Bad crashes on win10 (many many)

• Author
    Participant

Hi all,

Sad to report that this nice game constantly crashes on my rig, to the point of being umplayable.
    Find log and dxdiag attached…hope that you guys can tell me what the problem is here.

cheers, Snow

Attachments:
    Keymaster

Hey,

can you zip the logfile and then attach it?

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

i did not see the error…here it is.

Attachments:
    Keymaster

Do you use any kind of special input device, like a controller or joystick? Can you try to unplug it before playing Battle Brothers, and not plug it back in while the game is running?

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

well, I use a wacom tablet…but thats not it. After unplugging and rebooting, the problem persists. See the Log attached. Cant finish a single fight, very disappointing :(

Attachments:
    Keymaster

Do you use the Steam beta with Vulkan support? If so, disable the Steam Overlay for Battle Brothers, or try running the game with a stable version of Steam.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

No, am not using any Beta versions…am as stable as it gets :)
    many other games run just fine on my rig

Cheers, thx for the help

Keymaster

Still, can you try to disable the Steam overlay for Battle Brothers?
    You don’t happen to capture a screenshot as the game crashes, even if by accident, do you?
    Do you run any Vulkan-based applications alongside Battle Brothers that you could close? Other games, screen capturing applications or anything?

According to the crash log, the crash occurs in a module outside of Battle Brothers itself, specifically the Vulkan Steam Overlay and Direct Input, hence my focus on this.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Well, looks like its the bluetooth keyboard/mouse am using…bummer, cos I really love it.

Overlay on/off did not chnage the behaviour at all. Usually the MessageBox after the crash just said that some critical error had happend, dont need a screenshot of that, do you?

Now am using an old wireless mouse I found in a drawer and the Keys on my laptop, so at least I am able to play now… blood laptop is getting hot under my fingers.
    Do U see any chance for my bluetooth thingi?

cheers , Snow

Keymaster

Yes, it’s probably related to a rare issue in one of the third party libraries we use, potentially caused by buggy bluetooth drivers. I can try to disable/remove the code triggering this, as the game shouldn’t use it anyway, but it’ll be a bit of work. Hopefully with the next update.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.