Topic: Beta 22.02.17 feedback

• Author
    Participant

agree that levels should count into resolve check but on the other hand – why then level resolve at all if you got passive growth?

Well, I’m sure that +1 resolve every level or 2 would not be overpowered. Maybe 1 resolve for every level 2-11 and 1 resolve every 2 levels 12+. Resolve is too important right now imo. A guy with 30 base resolve needs a lot of points to make him decent and not be such a coward. I don’t think I even had a character yet where I felt I could just not level resolve at all. Deserters have become completely useless in my eyes.
    I would like to have to level resolve less.

@banner/sarge: I wish they went back and let it boost morale, maybe lower chance to go from steady to confident and change the bonus from 10% to +10 or some other flat bonus. Your ideas work too. I especially like the fatigue recovery idea.

Participant

All this is easily solved by a bonus in percentage to the resolve in cheks for each brother’s level. The higher the level – then higher the percentage. For example : for the second level +5% for the third +7 and so on (the figures are easily adjusted). Then higher the level and the base resolve, the greater the bonus. It is logical, normal, does not break the importance of the resolve and is easily programmed. Everything can be done, just would be a desire.

Participant

Better back some death for retreat option in battle. I already see a lot of fake “ironmens” and a lot abuse for Monolit or Goblin city.

Participant

All this is easily solved by a bonus in percentage to the resolve in cheks for each brother’s level. The higher the level – then higher the percentage. For example : for the second level +5% for the third +7 and so on (the figures are easily adjusted). Then higher the level and the base resolve, the greater the bonus. It is logical, normal, does not break the importance of the resolve and is easily programmed. Everything can be done, just would be a desire.

That is actually not bad idea.
    Maybe like +5 flat bonus to defensive rolls on 4th level, 10 flat bonus on 8th level and 15 flat bonus on 12th level? By defensive rolls I mean rolls on contact by nearby enemy But not against mind control or direct hits.

Better back some death for retreat option in battle. I already see a lot of fake “ironmens” and a lot abuse for Monolit or Goblin city.

Yeah I agree. Currently it can be easily abused for relatively low cost.

Anyway few more things.

Let player have access to inventory before combat so he can dress up mercs or change formation.
    Another things is to give some basic information at last what kind of enemy are hiding in the ruins. Scouting is just to time consuming or risky and losing time or men because you bring spears to skeleton fight is not nice or funny.

Participant

Anyway few more things.

Let player have access to inventory before combat so he can dress up mercs or change formation.
    Another things is to give some basic information at last what kind of enemy are hiding in the ruins. Scouting is just to time consuming or risky and losing time or men because you bring spears to skeleton fight is not nice or funny.

This would help so much. I usually always change troops or weapons before I go into battle, so this would only really help me when I sped up and go from city A to B without paying much attention or during caravan quests where I am sometimes simply too slow to hit space in time.
    As for spears, I don’t use them anymore at all. Really great for early game and early midgame but aside from that they became pretty pointless in most fights. Simply not enough damage, on top comes this undead being resistant against pointy things. Even my dedicated spearwaller has a sword in his bag for once his wall gets broken and he is sitting 95% of the time in reserve.

Also scouting information would be really great. If I face goblins or bandits I don’t need sarge and can level a new guy instead but since there can also be geists in ruins I usually even run with 2 sarges just as a precaution.

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.