Topic: [Beta patch] Allow us to see recruit's stats for god's sake…

• Author
    Participant

I calmly refer to those who load and to those who are dissatisfied with the fact that someone load and hurry to tell everyone about his “cool”- because he does not load.)
    it’s not important. the game is not pvp – nobody should worry. Option- well, why not, especially if the players are more interested in experimenting than challenge
    – course he does not want to spend time for downloading.
    But the idea : near icons recruitment list appeared a button to pay 5 crowns suspended sergeant- learn rumors about this “mercenary” – very good. let there not be accurate stats data but the information about this man – actually a coward or alcoholics may be very good for game.

Participant

But the idea : near icons recruitment list appeared a button to pay 5 crowns suspended sergeant- learn rumors about this “mercenary” – very good. let there not be accurate stats data but the information about this man – actually a coward or alcoholics may be very good for game.

That’s an interesting idea, Rusbear. I rather like your thinking on that. +1 (for what my opinion is worth anyway. ;-))

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Inactive

I’d laught if the stats can be known only after first battle.

Participant

There is no right or wrong here, because its all personal opinion, but just because 1 player really hates it and thinks its wasting his time (like playing games is not time wasting), is not really a reason for the devs to change it. 1 of the loading screen text even says that ironman is how the game is ment to be played. The whole game is hardcore and random, with the permanent wounds and battle brothers dieing, so if you can´t enjoy the game for what it is, then keep save scumming or if it really ruines it for you then just play something else. They could put it into options and it would be fine but saying “its dumb, them making you waste your time and you won´t play by their rules, save scumming (soft cheating)” is not how you get them to change it. The game is ment to be hard and i personally like that, i play expert but not with ironman, so i also save scum if battle goes to hell, but instead of wanting devs to make it easier for me so i waste less time on loading, im happy that i even have the option of saveing and loading.
    Thou +1 pump for the idea about rumors for recruits, it should not be accurate and give info on only thous recruits who have been in town for somet im or something.
    Made this post because i feel the game is great, and if the devs start change it the way some players want, who want easier gameplay, would make the game lesser. Putting it as optional might be okey but it opens a door to next whiners, like the saying “give a finger, lose a hand”. In the end its up to the devs.

Participant

Let’s say you’re mercenary company captain in medieval world and you go to market square to hire some new blood. You walk up to one of recruits and ask him what can he do, what is he good at. What can he say? “I’m that proficient with ranged weapons and this proficient with melee”? Proficient compared to whom? How can you know man’s proficiency when he’s a mere peasant and never ever done merc work?
    I’d understand the demand for being able to see all stats beforehead if BB was some sci-fi game set in future (you know, technologies and all) but not in this setting. Never in this setting.
    It is ideal as it is now. You can tell something about some of the men you’re recruiting by their nicknames (a man can be famous or infamous for only one thing) and their background. That’s MORE than enough.

Participant

Oh this would be so good :)

Participant

Guys (last 3 replies) youre just reiterating arguments that were already made (months ago).

You play this game in a certain way and you like a certain specific setting and challenge and atmosphere. Thats cool i get it. I dont wanna change your game for you, in fact how you play it is really none of my concern.

Im simply asking for an option to do something differently. If you dont approve, then dont use it. There is no need to take dump all over it either way.

Inactive

Oh this would be so good ?

In the end. The only way to test someone is… testing someone. If there are no barracs, the only way to know is putting him in battle.

Guys (last 3 replies) youre just reiterating arguments that were already made (months ago).

You play this game in a certain way and you like a certain specific setting and challenge and atmosphere. Thats cool i get it. I dont wanna change your game for you, in fact how you play it is really none of my concern.

Im simply asking for an option to do something differently. If you dont approve, then dont use it. There is no need to take dump all over it either way.

Im agree. All of us plays its own way and its ok. We are just mumbling and sharing opinions.

I’d specially like the idea of the barman saying something like “Otto? I heard he can shot a wolf in the eye” (high marksman skill) or “the only one who keep laughting since THAT battle” (higher resolve skill).

Other option is add a new building, so you can pay a fee to test your recruits before hiring them, and have a general sense of what you are hiring (but not 100% accurate). But thats also difficult as will get REKT of the actual system.

What about if recruiting in little villages is cheaper but you cant get any info, but recruiting in big cities and fortress is more expensive but you have more info about the recruits?

Anyway, any of these systems (or any other that comes to mind) I bet is a lot of work on something actually implemented.

Anyway, these discussions and others are an indication of how good this game is. I hope they let us mod it, so we all can have the plentifull experience we all want.

Off topic: in my case, i wouldn’t mind some kind of Faith character, involving morale, resolve and so mechanics. They said they wont implement any kind of magic for the Bros to use, but some faith could be a boost even to stamina.

Participant

add some kind of option to evalute “talents” of some brothers. Maybe as tips from the Innkeeper?

I really like that idea.

Also, some things should be always displayed even before checking gossip – it’s rather hard to miss the fact that a prospect is a dwarf…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.