Topic: [Beta patch] You changed something about ranged weapons havent you?

• Author
    Participant

Here’s what I’ve noticed in my first 100 days. Before when you missed you had a very small chance to hit someone nearby, and a fairly decent chance of hitting anyone who was blocking LoS(modified by their Ranged Defense). NOW, I believe you have a moderate chance to hit someone nearby, and a high chance to hit someone blocking(UNmodified by their Ranged Defense). If you’re collateral damage, rather than the prime target, your Ranged Defense no longer seems to matter. Which, while almost something that makes sense, is absurdly bloody frustrating. And it leads to silly situations where i.e. you have a 5% chance to hit a haunting spirit, so you’re actually more likely to hit it if you’re aiming at someone standing next to it rather than directly firing at it. Which is ridiculous.

"Our sins make us interesting, our virtues merely make us tolerable."

Participant

Hey … one good thing about this change, it just occurred to me, is that it should now be much easier to get rid of those irritating militia and caravan hands who get in the way of your fighters and steal experience points and loot from them …

Participant

Keep in mind that ranged weapons are designed to “fire into a bulk of enemies” so if you miss you still got a pretty high chance to hit some other foe.
    If you like to snipe a enemy while LoS is blocked by your own men, you better avoid the risk.

Working as intended imo, caus logic.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.