Topic: Can´t raid the big goblin base

• Author
    Participant

I am playing on ironman expert, anybody ever won the fight on the base with 47 goblins on this difficulty?

Those shamans just use the hold spell on my brohters, and then they shot them down, while the wolf are fighting 2 or 3 against 1. Have been trying a lot off different tactics, but i am loosing everybody.

the 2 guys with the big crossbow seems a little OP as well, when you cant move.

Inactive

The night is your friend.

Participant

Even at night im finding the fight really hard :x

Will probably have to retreat multiple times to lower the amount of mobs im fighting. 47 goblins really hurts. Especially since their archers/overseers seem to hit 50%+ of the time even at night and the constant shaman debuffs seem a little OP. Do they have a fatigue pool for their spells? or can cast whatever/whenever.

Inactive

The fight being very hard is the point. Goblin cities, orc warcamps, the black monolith are meant to be end-game challenges for companies that have done pretty much everything else.

The shaman-spells do some fatigue to the shaman but not a lot, they can do it very often until they take a break for a turn or two.

Retreating multiple times is a good way to wittle them down, takes forever but works.
    Kite-shields+shieldwall, night and, if you have the supporters edition, fangshire on your best archer.
    If your archers are good enough (like around 100 ranged skill) they can do a lot of damage even at night.

If the fight is still to tough to crack just leave and get some more veteran levels, the city’s not going anywhere.

Participant

Night dont help me much to be honest, the goblin archers hit anyway approx 50-60%.

Think i have an idea to win it, but i need to grind more to get the gear and grinding on this difficulty is a nigtmare.

Participant

The fight being very hard is the point. Goblin cities, orc warcamps, the black monolith are meant to be end-game challenges for companies that have done pretty much everything else.

The shaman-spells do some fatigue to the shaman but not a lot, they can do it very often until they take a break for a turn or two.

Retreating multiple times is a good way to wittle them down, takes forever but works.
    Kite-shields+shieldwall, night and, if you have the supporters edition, fangshire on your best archer.
    If your archers are good enough (like around 100 ranged skill) they can do a lot of damage even at night.

If the fight is still to tough to crack just leave and get some more veteran levels, the city’s not going anywhere.

I found retreating a couple times to whittle down their numbers worked for me, my mercs are around 13-15 vet lvl. I focused the archers and worgs first and once they were down, the rest came within melee range and got mowed down. Also just finished the Black monolith after it, much harder imo but the loot was worth it kinda…

Still trying to figure out the reqs for this davkul set as its the last armor set id like. I have 2 cultists in formation and 4 in reserve but the only events ive had are conversion & raising the sacrifice guy. Hope it comes eventually.

Participant

You can try a simple trick: create a camp on-top of the goblin base and wait until some of them come out. This way you can split the goblins, so that you don’t have to fight all at once. Just prepare some food. It might take some time until they come out.

Participant

Another idea is to exploit the AI a bit. Take some war dogs with you, wait until the ranged enemy units take their turn, then release the dogs. The dogs will meet their end, but the goblins will start coming to you, so you won’t need to waste your fatigue anymore.

Participant

First off all the melee goblins are attacking first round, both wolf´s and fighters.

The problems seems to be now, that the combination off CC/ranged and then some off the Goblins are running armor piercing swords, literally end in that a goblin archer, are changeing weapon to the armor piercing sword, hit´s a lvl 21 brothers with close to 400 armor, ignores the armor and killing the brohter. This ofc after the Overser is hitting with the Crossbow, that are also armor piercing, and taking close to half off the helth.

Dont know if it´s a broken game mechanic, on this lvl off the game, or i just need to run the fight so many times, that i am lucky that they dont use the armor piercing swords and the 3 overser´s miss the shot.

Participant

Was fighting some off the roamers around the camp like suggestet, but the numbers are not going down.

Participant

So got it down to from 47 to 21 in like 4 rounds, after that round the Ovrsers always shot ad least 1 brohter down, or the broken amrmor pierce kill 1 or 2.

So i needed to reatret and change 8 new brohters to the team and was keeping the 4 archers i had, thinking i could win the battle on a shot out, even that my archers got some injuries.

Attacking the camp again just to see the assholes making the game made the numbers in the camp raise by 3 everytime i close the app to start the fight over, so first try 24, next 27 and then rip, no way i can do this shit…..:)

Would love to hear from anybody that know how to counter that armor pierce.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.