Topic: Constant crashing.

• Author
    Participant

Hey there,
    So I’ve been trying to play Battle Brothers for a while now, but am plagued with constant crashes every 5 or so minutes. I’ve been having this issue for a month or so and decided to leave it alone in case it was something a patch would fix. Having now switched over to Windows 10, I’m still suffering from either “Battle Brothers.exe has stopped responding” or the attached critical exception. I’ve also tried running the .exe in admin mode, but that didn’t fix things.

I’ve also attached my dxdiag. However, I can’t attach the log.html as “ProgramData\Overhype Studios\Battle Brothers” doesn’t exist on my machine. But I don’t think the missing file path would cause that?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Re-uploaded the image, made it smaller.

Keymaster

Oh, wow. That’s the first I ever heard of something like this. Do you have similar issues with any other games?

The logfile is located in the “Battle Brothers” subfolder of your “My Documents” folder now.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! No, that’s the strange thing, this is the only game that’s acting like this. I’ll attach the logfile for you now and hopefully shed some more light.

EDIT: Having one of those days where my brain won’t work. Put the log.html into .txt format.

Attachments:
    Keymaster

The logfile doesn’t contain anything helpful in this instance, unfortunately.

Well. I don’t really know where to start since noone else seems to have this problem and there isn’t any hint with the error message. Try updating your video drivers, that can’t hurt.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Already checked that too. Drivers are all up to date. :(

It’s just frustrating as it worked find ’til recently and it’s now 5 hours outside of steams refund policy. Not that I want to get a refund, I’d rather be able to enjoy the game. :P

Participant

I’ve managed about 20 minutes before another crash. I’ll attach the log again in the hopes of something.

Attachments:
    Participant

Looks like I have fixed it. Turns out it doesn’t see to like launching with controllers plugged in. I unplugged my Nvidia Shield controller and it worked fine, back in and it crashes. I just have to remember to remove it after playing other games.

Thanks for all the help.

Keymaster

That’s weird. But I’m glad to hear it’s working for you now.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.