Topic: Desertion

• Author
    Participant

So, in this new patch I’ve actually noticed contracts can be few and far between. And that leads to money getting low unless you’re fighting battles constantly. Well I just had my strongest man desert me, level like 7 or 8. So a thought would be loyalty, cause lets be honest, if you didn’t get pay on one day, you wouldn’t quit fighting with men you’ve fought a month with. Especially when I have a contract and I’m on my way to turn it in, I know it’s a video game, but the guy bails on me when I have cash coming in the same day just a little later cause I have to walk to the city to get it. And it’s the first day I couldn’t pay… Now if it was a fresh recruit or a greedy guy I’d get it. This is one of the original mercs you start with, who’s been with me for a month, and I have a contract ready to be paid but I’m just shy of the village.

TLDR; A loyalty system within your men would be nice when it comes to desertion, as well as a system where if you have a completed contract thats just not turned in they wont desert right away. I think those would be really nice additions.

PS: Or just have more contracts, I literally walked to 5 different cities/villages before I found a contract, and the only thing keeping me going was random camps, to sell equipment.

Keymaster

We’ll link it to a reworked mood system in the future to give you a bit more of a buffer when running out of money/provisions. Whether you have an active contract or not already figures into their decision of whether to desert you or not, btw.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Oh I didn’t know! Awesome, you guys are doing really well, I love this game. I didn’t get too upset about it, mostly cause I’m used to having men die all over the place. I just thought it would be a good idea, but it seems you’re already on top of it. Sorry If I sounded a little ranty. :P And thank you for the response.

Keymaster

Appreciate the feedback :)

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.