Topic: Difficulty differences

• Author
    Participant

Could you provide us, players, with exact gameplay differences between difficulties of the game?
    For example, does playing on Expert affect stats of enemies (their skills are higher than on Easy), loot rarity drop rate etc. or is it intentionally kind of a secret to be discovered by players themselves?
    From what it seems to me, it looks like if you playing on Ironman and/or higher difficulty setting you have higher chances to get rare item from encounters and enemy camps.

Participant

As far as I know, difficulty (combat) only affects enemy troop strength.
    So on higher difficulties you will fight more enemies. I would assume enemy composition also changes slightly.
    So instead of fighting lets say 7 thugs on Normal you would be fighting 4 Raiders and 4 Thugs on Expert.

I am not sure if it affects “elite” spawns like Leaders, Hedge Knights, Overseers etc. but I would assume that you will find those enemies earlier on higher difficulties.

The Devs have stated that difficulty settings do NOT change enemy perks or stats.
    Ironman also has no effect on difficulty/drops whatsoever.

I dont know about famed spawns at all, but I would also assume that difficulty does not affect those.

Generally, higher diffculty means more enemies for you to fight. This also means that you will get more and possibly “better” loot – if you fight more enemies, more of them will carry “better” weapons like Longaxes, Pikes, Warbrands etc.
    If you would fight a Leader + Hedge Knight on Expert, you might only face a single Leader on Normal and potentially miss out on Coat of Scales. You will also not get rekt by the Hedgie though :).

Hope that answers your question.

Keymaster

The differences between difficulty levels are listed in the tooltips upon starting a new campaign. There’s no differences other than these.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.