Topic: Endgame Goals

• Author
    Participant

I understand that there is a new update coming out regarding late game events such as invasions/wars, and I am very excited for that. However, I think it would be awesome if there was a way for us to invest in property — i.e. spending funds to bring a blacksmith into a town where he can make weapons and armor for the company, or a fort with upgradeable defenses to hold some of our inventory items. I think towards the end of the game, there becomes less and less to spend you money on, and you end up with quite the excess. Having a money sink like property would be a fun minigame within the game, sometimes protecting it from invasions/raids would also be a neat dynamic.

Another suggestion would be to implement horses or “mounts” as it were. I think it would create a whole new dynamic to the game, allowing mercenary companies to kite enemies with mounted skirmishers, or even hit harder with a cavalry charge. Since the functionality is basically already implemented with the goblin wolfriders, I do not think it would be too much more difficult to work with.

I absolutely love this game, picking it up was one of the best decisions of 2016, as it’s given me countless hours of good times. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for the game and the developers!

Participant

The devs already said that you wont be able to have your own fortress and that, and I don’t know that it fits the profile of a mercenary to actually help people build stuff in their cities.

Still, having a moneysink in the end-game does sound like something that would be nice.

Perhaps it could be a “game of chance”? Pay rather a large sum for a chance of making your armor/helmet/weapon a litte bit better, but having a high chance of breaking?

Maybe recruiting chefs, surgeons, blacksmiths that would preserve food, heal wounds faster, repair gear more efficiently – but come at a high cost?

Mounts as you said, I don’t know… If it did come to be, then perhaps those could be very expensive aswell, especially if armored and “battle trained”.

That’s just off the top of my head, main point is that I also think that there should be something to really spend money on lategame.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.