Topic: Feedback v. 6.0.14 – Orc contracts

• Author
    Participant

I agree with Rusbear on that, you have to make orcs missions more rewarding (and goblin as well), because right now it’s not profitable enough to go into these missions.
    And this is also my personal opinion, the game is good enough as is, it is the part that I personally miss.

Participant

Ok, more loot for the loot throne.

Participant

Like with all the destroy their base or camp missions there needs to be more loot involved

I kill a load of orcs and all i find are some large axes and hide shields? come on they must have had something there something else for me to take

i would like the option to spend time searching the destroyed camp for something to pay its way

Participant

Yes, contract difficulty scales with difficulty mode. You’ll get more/stronger opponents on Challenging and Deadly.

Not a good idea IMO. Contracts are the game’s way of providing extra income and more importantly guiding players to content (i.e. give them things to do). Messing with the difficulty of the contracts encourages players *NOT* to take contracts but instead to wander aimlessly hoping for something more reasonable to come by…

Edit: I actually meant scaling the difficulty of contracts in higher difficulties… er, how do I say this? Huh, it’s tough to word this out exactly but it really depends what you meant by “contract difficulty scales with difficulty mode”.

Participant

just for “to think about”
    difficulty – a challenge
    for this contract with my attitude at the fraction +70 I was offered 2140 crowns
    2 brothers 10 level killed (and believe me – they can not be not to lose) during the fight excluding halberds and two-handed ax all rest weapons was broken, including 2 named and all shields.
    Now attention is the question : of whether I’ll ever more job to the orcs in the game without a save/load? 100% no

Participant

just for “to think about”
    difficulty – a challenge
    for this contract with my attitude at the fraction +70 I was offered 2140 crowns
    2 brothers 10 level killed (and believe me – they can not be not to lose) during the fight excluding halberds and two-handed ax all rest weapons was broken, including 2 named and all shields.
    Now attention is the question : of whether I’ll ever more job to the orcs in the game without a save/load? 100% no

Hrm. Equipment looks okay, have high ground, mix of troops is pretty balanced. No fault on Rusbear’s part.

Fighting 17 orcs including 1 named warlord and at least 3 berserkers. That’s pretty hefty.

Yeah, thinking about it, orcs drop terrible loot generally too. 2140 crowns is a pittance to go up against orc forces like that.

Participant

Well, of course one could have backup weapon stored, and when durability is low – pull it out, and nimble fighters work better against orcs, but these are general tips, I doubt they would help every time not to lose BB team. So yeah, every time you go orc hunting the reward should be way higher.

Participant

Fighting 17 orcs including 1 named warlord and at least 3 berserkers. That’s pretty hefty.

Moreover, i see only one orc young. It means 1 warlord, 13 orc warriors, 3 bers.

Participant

There is no incentive to fight Orcs at present. Beyond the wear and tear on equipment – especially shields – and the lack of rewards, the likelihood of losing a mercenary is just too high. With goblins at least, you can attack at night and use dogs to reduce the advantages they have in number and ranged weapons. But with Orcs dogs get one-shot and arrows/bolts do nothing against highly armored Orc Warriors.

Participant

This is exactly why i started this thread…

The contract difficulty scalding is insane.

It makes game more difficult by making these missions impossible to complete at any efficient rate, and instead it makes me wander aimlessly until i can find a mission i can finish without losing key weapons or a number of brothers (which is not a sustainable strategy).

Participant

This is more suggestion than feedback, but I did not want to create another topic.
    Perhaps a little change the loot of the orc’s camps (especially strong camps) would do battle with them more profitable (in addition to the increase the payment).
    Orcs objectively strong opponents and they love battle and rob ( lore) :). Adding to loot a rare weapons (trophy of the human), and in the future, maybe that’s part of the legendary armor or weapons for quests – logical. Chance of getting may be small for the balance.

Participant

Same here.

I CAN beat a mid size orc party on the highest difficulty but why should I? My party of lvl 7-ish veterans will loose at least 1-2 member going after such group for only roughly 1.5k worth of gold – hardly enough to recruit another veteran merc let alone two or more.

We can actively increase our chances with goblins by attacking at night. With orcs, we can actively AVOID fighting them at all.

Participant

Playing on “challenging”, my party consists of 12 dudes from lvl 1 to 5, average just over 3,5.(3 or 4 of them meatshields, I admit) Fair equipment (1 xbow, 1 pike, 2 billhooks and some swords/spears/bows): Armour from 90-150 points on all, mostly around 100 plus helms 110-ish.
    One-skull (!) quest to kill orcs.
    3 warriors and 6 young… I actually won with 1 dude barely left standing.

For a reward of 1600 crowns? Best loot was dropped by my own dead guys.

Not worth it. I avoid these quests as they are pure loss. I ususally check out the 3-skulls quests, as they may be easier. On patrols (frequently 3 skulls) you can dodge some of the worse bands, or take advantage of wandering friendlies nearby.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.