Topic: Goblin Ambushers (Goblins in General)

Tagged: ,

• Author
    Participant

Hello Devs,
    I have been having a few issues with Goblins in the game. It seems that when I go into a battle, the game becomes extremely laggy and is generally a pain to play. This would not be caused by my computer as I have a powerful gaming laptop and it works perfect on every other battle. Therefore, if you have a solution or can find one, that would be awesome!

And some input slightly different. I have personally found Goblin Ambushes to be very over-powered in the game. In combination with there high hit chance, poison arrows, and good damage, they will destroy a group; this is not to mention when they hide behind other melee goblins. Personally I would like to see these goblins be nerfed slightly, or to just increase in power as the group does (if you can implement that). Obviously you are the devs, and you make the decisions, however I would like to believe others feel the same way about this and it seems like a good idea.

Thank You!

Participant

Get solid armor +150 HP(better more) with helmet and Battle forged perk(-20% anti armor weapon effectiveness) plus kite shield and you are set.
    Shield will block half the arrows and rest will have problem with penetrating armor as goblin bows have very little damage and armor effectiveness.
    Having 70+ HP and 9 Lives perk also saves you from lucky dagger hit.
    Still they are dodgy bastards.

Participant

The best all around strategy I’ve found (stolen from these forums, actually ;-)) is to only hit the little creeps at night. It reduces the chances of a poison arrow, and once you get close enough, even a low level brother can do pretty well. If they nerf the rotten scumbags, it would be too easy to just steamroll them. Especially when you finally do get brothers like Sarissofoi has! ;-)

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Participant

The easiest way to beat goblins is to rush them with your infantry while your archers snipe. (and if you have wardogs and are worried about the number of goblins you are facing, set the dogs loose!) If you waste time using shield walls and setting spears waiting for them to advance, your group will be decimated. You must play them the exact opposite of how you play bandits or direwolves. They are skirmishers so they want to keep separation from you. Deny them the space they need and thery are easy kills.

Participant

The best all around strategy I’ve found (stolen from these forums, actually ;-)) is to only hit the little creeps at night. It reduces the chances of a poison arrow, and once you get close enough, even a low level brother can do pretty well. If they nerf the rotten scumbags, it would be too easy to just steamroll them. Especially when you finally do get brothers like Sarissofoi has! ?

Thats why they should split them into more sub types. Introduce new ones that even lower level parties can take without stupid amounts of effort (and damage taken) and then keep the current ones as higher tier goblins for which you need the kind of party described above.

Participant

Night time makes them so much easier. I would say during the night time 8/10 times the goblin ambusher will come into melee range on his own.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.