Topic: Greetings/Blog request

• Author
    Participant

First congrats on the game. Have played around a bit with the combat demo, and this is already looking promising. I’ve been reading through your dev blogs, which are cool too. For me, particularly, since I’m working on a tactical battle game myself (though from a different premise), so it’s really fun to see you arguing for the same changes I’ve made myself, as well as where you’ve chosen to go different directions. Wish I could manage time to write as much on my own game(s).

Personally, I’d love to read a dev blog on the AI sometime – always curious how others build the AI for their game – something that is always a bit tricky when you start playing around with spatial formations as you do (shieldwall, etc).

I really like how you solved the graphical problem of representing combinations of equipment, damage, etc., on units in the battle. Ingenious.

Best of luck with the game.

Keymaster

Thank you for the encouragement. We wondered if some of our earlier blog posts might have been perhaps a tad too technical and lengthy for the reader, but I’m glad to see you’re enjoying them.

The AI is one of my favorite topics and I’d be happy to talk about it in detail in an upcoming blog article. Let me know if there is anything in particular you’d like to see included.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

As a developer, the more technical, the more interesting from my POV. But judging from the mails I see myself, I suspect fans of strategy/tactics turn-based games are generally interested in this stuff – there are after all not a lot of developers working and writing about these type of games after all.

Personally, I’m most interested in the spatial/formation decisions, as mentioned – that’s always a tricky thing to get the AI to understand.

Keymaster

It took me forever with the trailer and Greenlight going on and all, but here we go, the first blog post talking about the AI. The article is a basic introduction that only touches on the subject, but I believe that this is what most of our readers need for a start. I didn’t get down to spatial decisions, but that’s a topic for a possible followup article if there’s still enough interest.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.