Topic: How to get good?

• Author
    Participant

Hallo hruza

I think it is possible that direwolfs are allied to raiders. Otherwise it would be weird of them to pursue me on the world map without engaging each other. They were on almost the some spot, but they thought ‘no lets not fight each other better follow this mercenary band, that is stronger than each of us alone’.

I will try to lure enemy’s to bases in the future and report back the results.

My sergeant has fearless, the sergeant sash, the standard and relatively high resolve. This concludes in a resolve around 104. The brothers that instantly fled were 4 and 5 fields away from my sergeant. They were a bit away but by no means spread out.
    The undead necklace was the reason I tried to raid the place. At this point I had only 2 undead lairs raided and needed still another 2. Now 15 days later 1 is still missing, because all undead lairs that spawned anew have necroservants inside. Fighting even 8 of them, that are in the smallest base, will inflict at least 2 or 3 casualties on my side. So I pass and hope that a lair without necroservants will spawn.
    The dedicated geist killer is a good tip! I will try this the next time I when I fight them.

Right know I am at day 50 and all my brothers have 100+ body armour and 140 head armour. For weapons there are a lot T2 weapons, a standard and ancient bladed pike. Know the game is fun again! I can take contracts that pay 1200 gold without losing a single brother.

I don’t get the skull rating of mission’s. At first I got a one skull contract to raid a goblin base. I got 10 wolfriders. Was doable enough and paid around 1000 gold. A few days later I got a quest to protect a village that had 2 skulls and paid 1200 gold. I had to fight 2 marksman and 8 raiders. This was about as equally difficult as the ´goblin contract before. Why the difference in the skulls?

Best regards,
    Taito

Participant

Glad you’re doing well and enjoying game :)

As for fights with gheists, 4-5 tiles may or may not be enough. It’s already quit far for effect of banner and rally ability. You want maximum 3 tiles in ideal case. Of course that’s not always possible. That’s why second sergeant can help here. I tend to always have one spare sergeant in “learning” in case my main one dies. That comes handy for those fights against gheists.

Difficulty of the missions is somehow random. I had both more and less difficult missions for their rating in stars. Either developers did that on purpose or it’s simply case of computer code being unable to properly combine all the attributes to calculate proper difficulty for you. there are just too many things to take in to consideration.

In either way, it keeps player being vigilant so I like that it’s random to some degree. Makes things bit more unpredictable and fun.

Direvolves certainly are not allied to raiders. It’s just that enemy AI seems to be programed to go after weakest target it see. Which in that case was probably you, that’s why both groups went after you and did not engage each other. However if battle would start, they would be hostile to each other on the battle map. Problem is, Direvolves are really not something you want in a multifight due to reasons I have mentioned before.

Participant

Hallo hruza

Thanks for the tip with the geists. I fought them again and clustered my company around my 130 resolve sergeant and did easily beat 4 of them and their wiederganger’s.

Right now my current company is at day 70 and looks alright. There are 4 brothers in 240+ armour, 4 brothers in 140+ armour and 4 brothers that are skilled in dodge and nimble. The company has 2 archers with overwhelm and crippling strikes to debuff enemies, 3 heavy guys with greatswords , 1 duelist and 8 front row shield brothers. Contracts about 2000 crowns are doable without risking casualties. After the first 20 days the game became immensely fun again :)

Surprisingly there was a message that popped up that said the war between the noble houses has started. Day 70 seems a bit early for me. What triggers the start of a crisis? Is it just the estimation of the company or is there something else?
    I did try to tackle the crisis in a separate save. Almost got crushed in the first mission, which culminated in a major battle.

Okay, so the difficulty is a bit unpredictable. That’s alright. It is kind of like real mercenary bands might have felt. Most of the time you had your routine, but sometimes things differ. Most of the time the difficulty is about right and keeps me on my toes. Sometimes though there are some weird difficulty spikes that take the fun away. Like that great battle.

Good to know that the AI always attacks the weakest group. Maybe that is the reason why the first 20 days tend to be such a chore and after that it is alright.

Best regards,
    Taito

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.