Topic: Ideas for making the Undead, esp. Legions, more fun to fight

• Author
    Participant

I’m sure I’m not the only one that finds the current iteration of the undead boring and tedious, and get frustrated with the fact that they don’t really offer anything new to combat beyond being really frustrating by being immune to new stuff.

I want to introduce new strategies that are especially effective against the undead. Throwing Axes could shine here in a way they don’t elsewhere. Axes in general could prove more useful than elsewhere. Introduce specific units that are “weak points” in the enemy formation, giving benefits to careful maneuvering. Introduce more situational advantages that can be seized.

Suggestions:
    Remove their ranged damage reduction – Change it to only be a reduction to piercing damage at the 80% value instead. This will give throwing axes a powerful niche and make them worth picking up ever, since they have a better chance of breaking enemy shields before they hit the line AND deal full damage.

Introduce a “leader” unit – This unit channels whatever force propels the undead. If killed (or absent from the battle), every unit gets a special undead “injury”, MINDLESS, that reduces their stats and changes their AI to something crappy that makes them attack without any strategy, and causes the “Executioner” ability to trigger. However, as long as the leader unit lives, the undead will heal a bit every turn and the leader can also heal them (and their armor, for skeletons!) to full via a special action, giving them even more resilience. Necromancers would be the leader equivalent for weidergangers/geists, and the ancient undead have their own. There should only ever be one leader per battle.

Reduce move speed even further – Reduce the move value of skeletons to 2 hexes, making it easier to maneuver around them and control the pace of the battle and engage on your own terms.

Allow wounds to apply to undead – Create a new subset of wounds for undead. Make the threshhold high but achievable with perks. Examples: Beheaded, arm removed, leg removed. Let the wounds be healable healed by the leader’s heal action.

Participant

I like the fact that the Ancient Dead don’t move so slowly as Wiedergangers (and even appear to have the Pathfinder perk). If they could only move 2 tiles normally, imagine what a drag it would be to fight them in swamps!

Participant

What you suggest is a complete overhaul of the entire faction, that’s simply not going to happen on the eve of full release, if only for balancing reason.

I also must say that while I like VCs of Warhammer I don’t think they’re adequate copypasta material for BB. Creators are striving to achieve something fresh with the undead (pun unintended) amd I think that’s a good direction.

I agree with 2 of your ideas: throwing axes and injuries. Both makes sense abd would be highly amusing in case of the latter.

Participant

What you suggest is a complete overhaul of the entire faction, that’s simply not going to happen on the eve of full release, if only for balancing reason.

All of them combined? Sure. I was thinking one or two would probably be enough to shake things up and make them more interesting though.

I also must say that while I like VCs of Warhammer I don’t think they’re adequate copypasta material for BB. Creators are striving to achieve something fresh with the undead (pun unintended) amd I think that’s a good direction.

I have no idea what this means. VCs? Warhammer? I’ve never played any of the Warhammer games so if I incidentally copied some of their mechanics it was pure coincidence.

I agree with 2 of your ideas: throwing axes and injuries. Both makes sense abd would be highly amusing in case of the latter.

Cool, I would be super happy with just those personally. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.