Topic: Job/Class Spreadsheet

• Author
    Participant

Hello all,

New to this forum, and I have only recently purchased the game. It was a fun weekend :)

Anywho, for those that are looking for it (and perhaps it’s already out there) I created a pretty simple, basic spreadsheet which
    helps users to visualize class/job stats.

I uploaded it to my google drive, and it can only be accessed through this link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4g30pXUSG2pejREekJvM19mUkk/view?usp=sharing

Participant

Thx, but its old information as backgrounds got changed. I havent had time to make enough data, so Im not sure how it works. Someone had time?

Participant

Yes, I see that.

I actually tried to access the data files, but they are compiled scripts; CNUT files, so I have no idea how I would be able to access the info within the data.

All research I have done indicates that it is impossible to do.

Its quite frustrating, considering the background classes don’t tell you the particular stats that the units will receive. I am assuming the developers want it to be a secret?

Keymaster

I am assuming the developers want it to be a secret?

Yes :) We wanted to reduce min-maxing a bit. On top of that you will pretty fast develop favorite classes to hire once you played the game for a while.
    I personally prefer it this way as I dont fell like I am missing anything when I am not comparing stat boni all the time.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

…hiding stats, you make me a sad panda.

Balance for the Balance Throne! Skills for the Skill God! | Wolves - Spam for the Old Gods!

Keymaster

On top of that we changed the mechanic how these boni work. So instead of an added bonus to a stat, each background has its own min and max values for each stat.
    You cant really display this in a tooltip at all (except for displaying the whole stat range for each stat, which would be pretty ridiculous). So theres no way we could show the info anymore, even if we wanted to.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

On top of that we changed the mechanic how these boni work. So instead of an added bonus to a stat, each background has its own min and max values for each stat.
    You cant really display this in a tooltip at all (except for displaying the whole stat range for each stat, which would be pretty ridiculous). So theres no way we could show the info anymore, even if we wanted to.

While I definitely like that change, I don’t like the fixed number on level up. Besides the stat difference from hiring, everything advances at an equal pace now. Perhaps make it random again, but make the chance on getting a better number for a certain class on lvl up? It wouldn’t be a strange thing for a hunter to become a better archer faster then a brawler, so that the hunter has a higher chance of rolling a better stat for ranged attack then other classes? Maybe go towards something like that?

Participant

Hi there,

I had the same concern and voiced it in my thread: “Generating battle brothers” and made some suggestions, however the devs say that due to the complete rework of the perk system with the next big upgrade, random numbers are no longer possible!
    I am therefore now anxiously awaiting their next upgrade! Let it be SOON!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.