Topic: Memorial Screen

• Author
    Participant

I suspect this has probably already been suggested, but I can’t find it, so on the off chance it was not: it’d be really nice to have a Memorial screen (as seen in XCom) you can access at any point on the world map and remember your fallen. Just seems like a nice bit of flavour to make any given campaign a little bit more personal.

Also, basic stats like number of kills and number of battles.

Participant

Also add to that the cost that man was hired for and his and daily wage, and level he reached under your command.

Yeah, this idea was mentioned on forum numerous times, and by devs themselves too, saying they had plans for it.
    As it’s mostly cosmetic addition or nonessential, it’ll be done somewhere closer to release date.

Participant

The problem for me is, that after battle the screen tells me that I lost a guy named Adelbert. But I would like to know how long he was with my mercenary band, what equipment he had, how I skilled him and so on. I can only look at the armor the corpse has and if it was quite the bad armor it had to be a new guy. I am at day sixty-something now and I only know my founding members by name.

Participant

The problem for me is, that after battle the screen tells me that I lost a guy named Adelbert. But I would like to know how long he was with my mercenary band, what equipment he had, how I skilled him and so on. I can only look at the armor the corpse has and if it was quite the bad armor it had to be a new guy. I am at day sixty-something now and I only know my founding members by name.

I always name my brothers after family/friends and things. It gives me a more personal feel for my brothers, and helps me differentiate between them and remember which skills i was going for.

Participant

I name my Brothers by their traits and/or roles on battlefield to help me remember who was going for which build and what they should equip.
    Even on end-battle screen this makes it easier to understand at a glance who that was and what kind of life he had.

But yeah, i agree with you – would be a lot better to have more info you could browse through and ascertain after character’s death.

Participant

Yesterday I lost Sir Edmund. I found him in an orc camp where he was hold as a prisoner and I allowed him to join my group. He was hella expensive (27 wage I think) but he was a good fighter, and he had damn high morale so I wanted to give him the captain perk. And then, right before his level up which would give me the missing perk point he was slain by an orc. So yeah, Sir Edmund the survivor managed to survive a fight against orcs, joins my group, and dies by orcs.

I tried to give my mercs titles connected by their background. But when 5 people are called “the miller” it’s kinda useless.

Participant

When they have similar backgrounds you have to improvise using any clues you can find like their stats, traits, looks, designated job in your party, where you hired him or what’s written in his background, etc. or by some achievements in battle.

Participant

Most of my mercs dont have any traits at all. But I have dudes called “the Tiny”, “the Bloodthirsty” (died today, unfortunately) and I have another noble who will be captain one day, his name will be Captain Sir (…), dont know his name on top of my head right now.

Nice idea with the place you hired them from. I also wrote the levels behind their name, it looks bad but it helps. So now I know the brawler I lost today was already level 6.

I usually have 6 front liners with shields and then 6 pikemen who can equip shields if they are engaged in melee or if the enemy team has archers. I feel like if you proceed in the game archers get less and less useful because with better helmets they will have really bad vision so doing ranged combat seems kinda fruitless. How do you do it?

Participant

See the attached screenshot. It’s really nice, it feels a lot more personal now.

Participant

Another idea that is closely related to the memorial screen but slightly different concept is Battle Honours on a Flag or Standard. I suspect this idea is probably suggested before else well. I thought I will write it again to get it out of my system (sorry for suggesting the same idea)

Basically Battle Honours in real life military units show them where they fought. So I think all the statistics of win/loss, how many different monsters killed in each battle and which battle brother died can be there.

Participant

Accountant miaphysite demands an account ledger screen! And a dated journal. And buyable funeral pires, come on you know that Wildman deserves 1000 gold funeral pire.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.