Topic: Message for the developers

• Author
    Participant

I would be short and won’t be nagging.
    Dear developers,i ask you to do a video and post it on your youtube channel.
    Which kind?
    Your playthrough of Line battle with goblins from scenario.If you can win – we’ll check how.
    If you can’t…Then,you will be sure about balance and power of goblins.Or at least you would make the scenario more comfortable…
    I think thats not too hard.Thank you for improving the game!

Participant

My futile attempt at the Goblin Linebattle, haha! XD
    Will try again.

My other try. This time only one archer, I used all shields, no 2-handed weapons and spread my troops so the shaman couldn’t hold to many of them at once:

Participant

Use better equipment even for archers.ANd beware of overseer.His crossbow is a oneshot beast(killed my archer through the armor recently)

Participant

I won this fight. Took many tries, mind you, but I did it. I’ll try again and try to post a screenshot.

I kept my men separated so that only one can be entangled at a time, and gave shields to all units except the archers. Can’t remember which weapons I focused on, but I’m pretty sure I used the military cleavers.

Participant

I think that wasnt the flawless victory,cause even the enemy archers can easily make your troops weak and even kill it…Thats not counting overseer,shaman and infantry…

Participant

@Evans:
    I’ll have to try better equipment. So far I always picked lamellar or chainmail, because I never want to let my brothers max. fatigue go below 70.

@mrbunnyban
    :
    Woah, congrats! :)

Participant

I give up.
    Reasons:
    -Overseer can one-shot ANY brother at ANY moment.Armor is useless,even the prayers wont help.
    -Goblins initiative is great
    -Shaman’s vines dont give you a chance to build up any tactics or formation
    -enemy archers can weak up your brothers greatly,can kill some brothers,their accuracy is flawless,their poison is fearsome
    -Enemy troops can throw a stuff at you,can throw a net at you and then vvvery easily kick your ass,even in armor
    -Thats the battle without a wolfriders…But if there would be such a battles…There would be not any chance
    -Chances to break up from a net or vine is small a bit.You can die in there…
    -The battle without lost units is 99.9999999% percents irreal at any battle.That makes Battle brothers a roguelike game.Great.

Oh,now im nagging,such an irony.

Participant

-The battle without lost units is 99.9999999% percents irreal at any battle.That makes Battle brothers a roguelike game.Great.

Well, the scenarios are meant to be like this and you shouldn’t aim for it. Keeping all your brothers alive is more a thing for the campaign.

Imo the accuracy of the goblins is far better than the human accuracy. It’s silly how this weak greenskins have better swordmanship than humans, despite their strenght and the short reach of their arms.

Participant

Thats not the aim? Im not talking only of scenario.I lost up one archer of 12 high level guys agains 14 goblins…Just one-shot from overseer.But thats was ok for me cause his crosbow worth it…And that wasnt the cruelest goblins band…Thats was just an ordinary goblin village…

Participant

anyway,fights against goblins are mostly about random…
    Sometimes there are woods,no sight for their archers and their nets are not bothering you…
    But sometimes…You take one-shot,you take bolas,you take nets,you take poison,you take ordinary arrows,thats all from just a few goblins in one turn.What to do in such a situations i wonder…

Participant

Just tried it again a few times, goblins thrashed me lol. I should have tried to remember what I did exactly.

In the proper game, I’ll make sure to fight them goblins at NIGHT(-3 vision, -50% ranged attack I think). Take that, stupid archers!

Participant

but i wanna upset you…
    With example…
    My knight of level 6 with armor 300 on head and body was cruelly killed by one goblin skirmisher…With notched blade,in a two turns,by slashing through armor.
    Thats really the example for “shit happens”
    But i think the fourth skill point on lvl up can help…(to spend on hp and ranged defence)

Keymaster

First try. Lost 1 man and, sadly, all 5 wardogs. Didn’t think of making screenshots from the beginning, but you can see the loadout in the post-battle victory screen. This was on 0.5.0.3 to be fair, so it might’ve been more difficult before. I’ve beat the scenario multiple times on the previous version as well, but I don’t recall my exact losses then.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Excellent work Rap, that looks very impressive! Gotta use the wardogs, too next time. And you used 5 ranged fighters – in order to keep attacking if you get tangled?

Keymaster

I used that many ranged bros mostly to allow for easier focus fire and to take out as many Goblins as quickly as I could. I put them in heavier armor for protection against enemy archers and to make it less likely that they’d get poisoned (which would mean they’d lose vision and be unable to perform their role). Since the Goblins have no flanking units in this scenario to target my archers, they’re otherwise pretty safe and can move freely. I feel that crossbows perform better than bows in this scenario because of their accuracy bonus.

For my melee line I used spears and swords only because of their superior accuracy against the nimble Goblins, and all the Kite Shields available for their superior protection against arrows. Again I equipped all the guys with heavy armor because Goblins have a hard time destroying it. I actually could have done a better job there with the selection of helmets.

I had my melee guys basically charge around the Goblin line at the top and bottom while being spaced out a bit so that the Shaman had a hard time rooting more than one guy at a time. He still rooted like 5 the very first turn, but this only delayed me a round or two. Once my guys made it halfway, I released 4 of the 5 wardogs to charge into the center and keep the Goblins occupied and unable to focus down on my melee troops as they approached from two sides. All the while, the crossbowmen kept firing into the Goblin frontline – even if they missed, there was a chance to hit the Goblin Ambushers in the second row before they eventually moved further back. As the Goblin frontline collapsed I tried to move on as fast as I could to pin down or at least get the Goblin Ambushers on the move and unable to fire on my men while the crossbowmen took care of the remaining Skirmishers. That is also where I deployed the last of the wardogs, to keep a Goblin Ambusher occupied for a turn until I could catch up. The Goblin Overseer succumbed to focused crossbow fire, while the Shaman and the remaining Goblin Ambusher eventually retreated from battle.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.