Topic: Monsters, Weapons and Armor Lore

• Author
    Participant

I have already stated that I like this game I like the art style and I like tactical aspect and management of the game. I want to suggest something which I found to be cute and also can help. That is a Monster, Weapon and Armor IN the game – lore book- :) which you can access and read the common Lore about every monster you already encountered like, they are prey inroads of unwary merchants, hunts graveyards,regenerates….. And same for the weapon and armor and situation in which they are used. I found that in Xulima game, really nice game, and I like it. For not spoiling the game and for monster to stay mysterious, hint can be populated with each encounter little by little, for a start the appearance and mostly habitats, little common tactics and attacks itc, and armor lore like:made of leather and iron plates to protect against daggers and spears itc..

Participant

This would be a bit X-Comish but a good idea :)

Participant

Sorry for double post, but I don’t see an edit post option.

Have any of you tried Darkest Dungeon? Its currently the biggest Early Access indie success on Steam.

One of the main points is character psychology… and loads of features at the town to help deal with the stress of missions and combat. This is something highly innovative that really won over thousands of fans… seeing this type of parameters in BB going forward would be absolutely prime.

Keymaster

Thats a great idea to give a little more lore to the game! Unfortunately, we are still extremely busy with putting the core mechanics in the game and balancing them so that we currently have no time to add “just” content.

I have been following Darkest Dungeon since their kickstarter over a year back and they have some great ideas and a very distinct artstlye. However, it is very “gamey” and gives me the impression to be somewhat of a “mobile” game that was designed with an iPad-port in mind (no hard feelings, its still a great game!).
    I really like the stress idea and the camping mechanic and we already discussed internally if we want something similar for Battle Brothers. That will more go into the direction of camping over night to repair armor, heal wounds and make the night pass faster. Something like “stress” is not planned right now. That is what we have our moral system for ;)

Overhype Studios - follow us!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Thanks for the feedback Jaysen!

Participant

I know the lore book will not come here, but I just want to state that I thought about that like they did in Pillars of Eternity which I play ATM :) seems pretty cool and did just like I imagined :) P.S. I liked new lets play and hope for early access pretty soon :)

Participant

What is the lore book of Pillars of Eternity like? Can’t find any pictures of it. Or do you mean the Guidebook?

Keymaster

It’s entries with a black-and-white sketch portraying the enemy, their stats (as far as they’re known; they’re uncovered the more you fight them) and a lore entry about their place in the world.

I rather like it and can see something like this working for Battle Brothers as well in the future.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Exactly what Rep says and try about uncovering trough any encounter with the same enemy by 10% depend on Lore party have more lore higher % :D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.