Topic: Necrosavant Rework Needed

• Author
    Participant

Necrosavants are ridiculously powerful in their current state. Top tier mobility, high initiative, high melee defense, health regeneration, and a high damage dealing, bleed inducing weapon leaves me completely frustrated when fighting more than two of them. And if to make it any worse, they have Nine Lives, ensuring that they’ll get an extra turn to wreck havoc on you with their khopeshes.

They’re manageable in small numbers, but in large numbers, you simply can’t focus down any of them before the rest destroy your guys. They need to be nerfed.

Participant

They current strength come mostly from their new weapon which is a cleaver that have amazing effectiveness against armor.
    Especially compared to old vampires with arming or noble swords.
    More damage, high effectiveness against armor and bleed. 3 hits to the body is death sentence to the guy in mail shirt.
    Before armor offer some protection – now its fold like a paper.

Participant

I killed 10 of them in swamp and lost 2 men. So, yep, frustrating, but not that much. I really more afraid of legioners with their lances, they just reap throught the haulberk in two hits, and you can meet them in huge numbers, thats a bit to much imo.

Participant

How did you kill them? What methods do you use? I can’t even kill one or two before my men are completely toast.

Participant

Half of the difficulty is preparation; if you know you’re fighting a bunch of necrosavants, you can just give everyone a shield and put your best fighters on the corners (who are more likely to get jumped by multiple necrosavants).

Other half of the difficulty is the lack of on-battle map formation adjustments; necrosavants become pretty simple if you can get your men into a square, but the fact that you start as two lines makes for hitting the juicy bowmen really simple.

Participant

if you let me choose to fight against 6 necrosavants or 6 orc warriors, i choose 6 necrosavants.

fighting necrosavants i may lose some low lvl characters, as they have lower every states normally, but the orc warriors generally could kill one or two my main brothers.

if the necrosavants have daggers in their hands, then that will be the true disaster.

Participant

if you let me choose to fight against 6 necrosavants or 6 orc warriors, i choose 6 necrosavants.

fighting necrosavants i may lose some low lvl characters, as they have lower every states normally, but the orc warriors generally could kill one or two my main brothers.

if the necrosavants have daggers in their hands, then that will be the true disaster.

I am sorry, but you totally wrong. There are more important objectively factors.
    NECROSAVANT, this:
    1. enemy with overcharge def and OP weapons – in game mechanic this may not be lucky to get a lot of times in a row and you’re dead.
    2. Teleport, ignore the spearwall and zones of control, high initiative … it is strange that the developers did not add them all to a new perk Overhelm
    3. Lack of morality and endurance.
    4. Vapirizm, nine lives
    Need somthing else?
    I’m not against challenging enemies I am against such of their number and the lack of “reward” for it.

Participant

They usually have low helth at start of battle, so they should be of highest priority from the start. They are really hard to hit, so spears are good option against em, dogs also do very vell, they can chase em around the battlefield and hit them preatty often. Archers and arbalesters sure are useless and easy targets, just leave them in reserve. And, I may be wrong, but I think that they can’t teleport on low hp when they look like a dried corpse. The main problem with them is that “bite” attack. It deals insane damage and maybe is even unblocable, none of my guys could dodge it even once. But, again, they usually don’t use it at the start of battle. So, for me, battle with them is kind of race, if you manage destroy them before they get hp you are ok, if not, yep, things can get ugly. And about that 10, I fought them at ~100 day, so I had high lvls and decent equipment, fighting them without at least haulbercs on most of your guys is bad idea.

Participant

Necrosavants are ridiculously powerful in their current state.

+1

The old vampires were already powerful, I can’t imagine what was the train of thought behind buffing them even more. “Let’s see how much the players can take before they refuse to play”?

Well sure, you can also give them berserk, warlord scream and ak-47s and some people will still figure out how to beat them just for the heck of it, but I believe most would be less than amused.

At least change their weapon because giving something that does high HP damage, high armor damage AND high bleeding damage is just… not fun, to keep it diplomatic. Especially in the hands of a unit with all the other buffs that they enjoy.

Participant

I have an idea. Lets make all enemies simply run for you like dire wolves. And lets strip them out of every unique skill. All in all, game is too hard!

Seriously tho’
    Necrosavants are end game enemies basicly. They MUST be hard and you need to be extra prepared for them. Don’t expect an easy sweep like with brigands or anything like that. This game is supposed to be hard and you are supposed to lose men like in old UFO games.

What I agree about is giving better rewards for killing those monsters. All in all, they are a huge threat and it comes at huge cost to defeat them.

Participant

What I agree about is giving better rewards for killing those monsters. All in all, they are a huge threat and it comes at huge cost to defeat them.

Yeah, a Khopesh (and one that isn’t even guaranteed to drop) doesn’t motivate me to fight them quite enough. Orc weapons are same/more expensive to sell and far easier to obtain.

Participant

Give them some kind of unique accessory slot items (eg. health regen on hit. Why your bro shouldn’t get some vampiric powers as well for killing a big flock of necrosavants?) and they would become more attractive to fight. Also, increase the chance to drop a legendary item, and that sort of stuff.

Participant

I have an idea (…)

Oh, that’s hilarious! My poor sides.

Necros currently have:
    – best mobility in the game… twice each turn
    – ignoring zones of control
    – high initiative
    – high HP
    – HP regen
    – Nine Lives
    – high attack skill
    – high defence skill
    – weapon that is good against HP, good against armor and applies a strong stacking bleed
    – probably the best AI in the game
    – come in numbers and (usually) with support of other undead
    – are likely to shrug off both stuns (hi def) and nets (cut free in first move, escape in second), the only two things that could be remotely considered their weakness
    – did I mention a frigging teleport… TWICE each turn?

Do kindly elaborate how removing just some of those is akin to nerfing them to the ground, especially in comparison to other end-game threats that don’t have half if their advantages. I’m tingling with anticipation!

Why your bro shouldn’t get some vampiric powers

Because a) BB is a low-power, low-fantasy world with straight usage of actual magic restricted to select few enemies and b) if it’s not weak enough to be completely meaningless I can already name 3 builds off the top of my head that would make it completely broken

The only thing I agree on is that they give better rewards, and that’s not a counter to the previous arguments.

Participant

Alright, I would nerf ONE thing about them and that would be… Giving them some kind of cooldown(lets say, once every 2-3 turns) on their teleport skill because with their AI they basicly teleport to the safest hex near the easiest target every turn. This is actually most unfun thing about them imo.

Participant

Interestingly, NETS disable the necrosavants’ ability to teleport. So I netted the necrosvanats then killed them while they stuck in nets.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.