Topic: Questions: How to be a baddie

• Author
    Participant

So I’m ~40 hours in (pls no bully) and liking the game so far. Still, I got some question and I’m sure the veterans here can help me out.

I want to be the bad guy for a change, since historically speaking mercenaries were not the most liked people in the world. I want to get my “thirty-years-war”-groove on, but sadly, its not that easy.

1. Can I attack “neutral” parties? Like Caravans, peasants, etc.? I’ve been triying to, but it doesnt work. Do I need to, like, piss the villages off first? And if yes, how do I do that?

2. Can I raid villages and/or the buildings attached to them? I guess probably not – will it be implemented in the final game?

Participant

If you take on contracts from a settlement and/or house, certain random events can give you the opportunity to betray the contract or do something else to piss them off. If this kind of thing happens more than once within a short time period, relations might become sufficiently hostile for you to have the option of attacking caravans and militias originating from that settlement (although you won’t be able to attack buildings, nor even enter the settlement at this point).

Other random events (e.g. a wildman or prizefighter/brawler from your company assaulting the locals as you exit the settlement) can result in a worsening of relations. Simply abandoning contracts without any betrayal will also worsen relations.

On other occasions, you might get into altercations with troops from a royal house – e.g. if you hire a thief from one of the settlements under that house’s patronage, a random event might trigger where you have to give the thief up or fight (or try to trick or scare the troops so that there’s no fight). If you piss off a house enough, presumably you’ll be barred from all of their settlements and have the option to attack any troops or caravans originating from them.

Participant

I heard that you have cancel 3 contracts to piss of houses/settlements to be able to attack caravans and peasants.

"Remember, never loose the heads!" Sarissofoi, 28.11.2016

Participant

Thanks for the help Guys

Participant

Yeah. It might be 3 piss-offs, or it might vary with severity etc. Despite playing over 2000 hours, I haven’t tried it out much.

Participant

On other occasions, you might get into altercations with troops from a royal house – e.g. if you hire a thief from one of the settlements under that house’s patronage, a random event might trigger where you have to give the thief up or fight (or try to trick or scare the troops so that there’s no fight). If you piss off a house enough, presumably you’ll be barred from all of their settlements and have the option to attack any troops or caravans originating from them.

Here it goes some problem: will you be able to sell a loot? In some m&b variations bad guys can sell loot in bandits lair if they are bad enough. Maybe in the release version such behaviour will be possible in BB too.

Participant

It took me 4 cancelled quests (no payment in advance) before the militia started chasing me with about 24 guys (I wasnt ready).

I wish it were easier to become a bad guy though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.