Topic: quests crash game

• Author
    Participant

hey guys,

description:
    been wandering around the new worldmap for 5 days without a quest. i checked nearly 10 cities and still no quest. this already seems odd/buggy to me, but now to the bug. so i finally found a quest in Hirschbach and tried to open the dialog. the quest dialog crashes the game every time. i tried at least 10 times (load/save) and the quest changes, but still crashes the game. the crash occurs either as soon as i click the scroll icon in the upper left or when i select one of the dialog options.

to sum it up:
    only 1 quest in over 10 cities and that one quest always crashes before or during the dialog.

how to reproduce:
    1. load game
    2. enter Hirschbach
    3. click “available contract” button in the city screen –> game sometimes crashes
    4. choose one or more dialog options –> game always crashes

i guess my savegame is broken, as there seems to be no contracts except the broken one.

cheers
    Lufos

Attachments:
    Participant

same happened with a quest in Torvastad. =(

/edit: it seems always to be a quest where someone wants you to see someone else(e.g. the boy, or a dude in a back room of a tavern)

Keymaster

Please upload a savegame where I can see this.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

both savegames have the same problem. the first one in Hirschbach the second one in Torvastad.
    thanks for your help

/edit: in between the 2 savegames i managed to accept and complete a contract.(had to raze a bandit hideout)

Attachments:
    Inactive

how did you guys get contracts? I can’t find any “available contract” button on any screen in any settlement

Keymaster

Fixed. Thanks for your help :)

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

how did you guys get contracts? I can’t find any “available contract” button on any screen in any settlement

Move between settlements, when there is a contract youll see a parchment in upper left corner of the screen.

There arent many of them, maybe 1 in every 3 or 4 towns i visit, and the interface is pretty bad (theres no way to quickly tell whether you want a mission or not, you have to read each one, you cant go back to save game before you take a mission because it disappears etc)

Participant

thanks for your quick help. :-)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.