Topic: Ranged Combat insanity

• Author
    Participant

Are you guys aware of this thread: http://battlebrothersgame.com/forums/topic/beta-ranged-hit-chances-damage-are-just-insane/

In short, the game is unplayable for me now because of increased ranged accuracy and what feels like also increased injury rates.

To paint you an example, im a battle with 3 enemy ranged guys. They each shoot, at night, and each hit a brother, each inflicting an injury in the process.

People who use 2 handed weapons are problematic in particular, as they seem unable to avoid being shot / injured in practically every single battle where they face enemy ranged units. This also includes your own archers. They will get more injuries than your frontline fighters… I posted a lot of screenshots in that thread i linked.

Please revert whatever change you made to ranged combat (in particular the combination of increased accuracy both during the day and night), what feels like increased damage, and the rate at which these high damage rolls inflict injuries.

Keymaster

Yes. There are no changes except to the nighttime status effect. If there’s an issue with ranged combat, then it’s always been there.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yes. There are no changes except to the nighttime status effect. If there’s an issue with ranged combat, then it’s always been there.

So there was no change in frequency of injuries being inflicted? Could it be a side effect of something else? Im literally being crippled by bandit ranged combat.

Participant

Obviously not Rap, but…

All the pictures you posted seem to have guys in low armor. Injuries are often inflicted (and are more serious) when a Brother is struck down to low health.

Including the above thoughts, perhaps you spun the RNG wheel poorly a few times in a row. I’ve hired a new recruit with 3 stars around, put him in the back row, and on the first battle, he took a crossbow bolt to the head and went down in one shot (He was wearing a rusty mail coif that was undamaged, and took about 50 points of armor piercing damage to the head).

Sometimes the RNG just smashes you.

Like Rap said though, nothing seems to be recently changed but the nighttime bonus reduction.

"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." ~Marcus Aurelius

Game: "Characters with a height advantage against their opponents are harder to hit"
    Me: "That's not true, and my short axeman is living proof!"

Participant

The other differences were that brigand poachers had the Bullseye perk and were able to hit you more often (now reverted), and the Bullseye perk was more generous (so that marksmen, who presumably still have it, were even better at hitting you than before), and all character backgrounds started with higher ranged skill (probably including enemy ranged fighters). On the first beta releases, I kept recruiting a thief who always started with the same name, stats and talents in each campaign, but his starting ranged skill had been reduced from 41 to 39 on the latest release …

There’s no difference to the intrinsic damage or accuracy of any ranged weapons (except a little more damage by throwing ones from 2 tiles for those with the mastery perk).

I think ranged weapons were always capable of causing injuries if armour and/or hit points were low enough; it’s just that it’s more noticeable if ranged enemies are more numerous and/or more skilled.

Participant

Rap, enemy marksmen have perk “crippling strikes”?

Participant

I used a Brother Band build that uses ranged and I see no difference. I think that this test was not scientific

Participant

Edit: nevermind

Keymaster

Rap, enemy marksmen have perk “crippling strikes”?

Brigand Marksmen? No.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.