Topic: Shop restock?

• Author
    Participant

Hi I’m encountering a problem during my playthrough and wanted to ask if anybody else is expierencing the same issue as I do:

I remember at the start of the game (day 1-5) the outpost had (at that time) various amounts of armor and weapons that I couldn’t afford.
    But now at day 30 they don’t seem to stock anything important besides maybe a dagger some ammo and tools.
    Is it just bad rng on my part or am I missing something and I would also like to know if there is any way to tell when they restock?

Cheers Koegraph

Keymaster

Locations restock every 3 days with quality und quantity based on their current resources. If a location has a poor selection of stuff to sell, it’ll be because that location either has been bled dry or has one or more parties spawned that are using the equipment currently, such as a large guard patrol in the case of a watchtower. You can see how well a location is doing by the text underneath their name when you’ve entered it, but we’ll probably visualize this also in the background image in some way eventually.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

That seems to be the case, I did notice the text change but didn’t pay much attention to it. But speaking of caravans can they die out? There are no more quest for caravans and also I didn’t see one in days even though I cleared most of the camps around the villages and outpost.

Participant

There should be a way to help these locations to get back on their feet again. Right now they run dry pretty fast and never get back up.
    Either they should be buffed, so they are able to protect themselves and their caravans a bit better without the help of the battle brothers. Or give them some sort of contracts that restocks some resources when finished.
    More patroles (maybe make them cheaper so the sites can spawn more) that solely watch for safety on the roads.
    And these restock contracts could be the city ordering you to kill the bandidhideout that raided them, you get your share of it and they get most of their wares back.

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

I agree. Land economy and item availability needs a bit of love.

A bit over a month in, I’ve been winning battles left and right. Wondering off the main roads and destroying any lairs I can find. I have 15.000 crowns in my coffers, but the economy of the land is still completely wrecked. Is it run by EU/US cleptocrats I wonder? Castles and towns sell nothing of any use. Tools cost up to 260 to buy and I can never have enough those since weapon and armour costs so much to repair (that 22 orc encounter broke 5 spears, 1 twohander, 1 arming sword, destroyed 2 helmets and wrecked all armours). I cannot buy any good armour, rare weapons, never even saw any advanced armours/helmets in any shop. For a while I could not use archers because no arrows were for sale in any shop in 4 towns in that area.

On the other hand, I never had to buy food or medicine, I am able plunder enough from my enemies that I am now carrying around 1500 units of food and some 300 medicine.

I’ve noticed, caravans arriving to towns don’t add anything to shops. Perhaps they should always have some specific set of things, like several armours, weapons, support items that automatically appear in shops each time a caravan arrives. Additionally, perhaps apart form regular caravans you could have travelling merchants traverse the roads and you could buy stuff off them too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.