First let me say that I find the game intriguing. The various back stories and character foibles are a lot of fun. After about 6 hours of play I have the following suggestions.
(1) A Player Character – I think a PC would add to the RPG feel of the game.
(2) A “Rest until healed” option when you’re in a town. Sometimes you just want to heal up.
(3) When you choose the perk “Increase HP by 25%” I noticed if you’re wounded when you choose it the max increases by 25% but the current stays the same. It would probably make more sense to either increase the current by the full 25% or by 25% of the current HP.
(4) Statistics indicating how many days a mercenary has been part of the company and his total kills. If these are already there I missed them.
(5) Ranks perhaps? Allow the organization of the unit into squads of 4 each with a squad leader. Allows (a) some control over the initial placement (squads would be together) (b) options associated with squad experience or moral or interaction (c) jealousy and/or resentment of those not promoted.