Topic: Spear Walls No Longer Stopping Orc Charges?

Tagged: ,

• Author
    Participant

Hey guys, been playing this game off and on for the past few months. I just have to say, stellar work so far. For such a small team, you have done so much.

I was starting up a new game tonight when I encountered some Orc Young. I figured since I got some robust new recruits, I could handle them.

However, I noticed that I relied on my spearman to funnel the orcs before, but now they just opt to charge right through his spear wall.

I figured, logically, that a spear wall should defend against the orc charges. It’s what I did in the past, and just in case I misremembered, I checked some forum posts about tactics against orcs. Indeed, spearwalls are recommended.

Is this a bug or an intended feature?

Thanks so much!

Keymaster

Hasn’t been changed. Spearwalls are useful against orc charges, but can still fail like with any other approaching enemy.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Thank you for your timely response. I greatly appreciate that.

Perhaps the success rate of the Spearwall could be adjusted? It feels to me that it fails every time an orc charges. What exactly is the success currently? Maybe for defensive abilities like that, the success rate of hitting someone could be placed into the description?

Cheers.

Keymaster

It’s the same chance as the hit-chance of the Thrust skill, since all Spearwall does is use the Thrust skill on approaching enemies.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I’m going to rename my next recruit as Sir Michael Starr.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.