Topic: suddenly one of the ai dont end the round

• Author
    Participant

Had this issue happen once in about 20+ hrs of play, and I’m not sure if my experience explains the problem a bit. Sorry I don’t have a log file from it (happened yesterday and I just ALT-F4 out of frustration too quickly)

Anyway, here’s how it happened to me:
    1) fought a battle with an Undead army (attacked a holding). There was a necromancer, wiederganger, skelly, fallen lords, etc.
    2) I noticed the necro kept raising skellys from already dead skellys, so I thought.. hmm… farm xp
    3) I then thought, wouldnt it be better if the raised skelly had no weapons? So I picked up weapons from the ground of the dead skelly (it may have been a wiederganger, but looked like a skelly to me, whatever the necro raise)
    4) when they raised, they had no weapons
    5) Normally, I had enough men around that every newly raised undead would die before their turn, and I kept farming them for a while, maybe 50+ turns
    6) But once, one skelly was raised too far for my men to kill before his turn… so, when his turn came, the raised skelly with no weapon LOCKED the ai turn…

So, not sure if this explains the culprit, but maybe offers some clues to help…Sorry no log file…by the way, where are the save files located?

Keymaster

Thanks for the detailed info, I’ll take a look.

Edit: Seems to be caused by something different, unfortunately. Unarmed opponents work fine for me.

The savefiles are located at the same place the logfile is. See the sticky post for more details.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Ok, this time it happened againm and it keeps happening on the same battle I try to reload.
    Basically,
    1) fighting undead army
    2) weirdganger spawns and pushes ghoul out of way
    3) ghoul locks AI turn

on the log, it repeats:
    Ghoul: Engaging to melee range with Kori the Older (visible)
    accepted_distance=0
    Ghoul: Failed to execute path for Melee Engage – No path found
    getCostForPath() called with no path calculated.
    the index ‘Pos’ does not exist

Hope it gets fixed soon in a hotfix or something, it’s now actually scary to fight undead because of this bug.

Attachments:
    Keymaster

Should be fixed with the next update.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Thanks, Rap!

Want to say you guys are awesome at pushing out updates and listening to community for feedback and bugs!

Also really love the new auto-pathfinding for the player on the world map! Thank you thank you! Makes travel feel less like playing Pac-Man, granted Pac-Man was epic in its own way, I much prefer this pathfinding helper :)

On a separate “bug” note, since you made some updates to skills, I noticed that some skill descriptions were not updated, like for example, the new “Captain” skill the way it works with Resolve still has the old text, so it’s a bit misleading, unless the same description applies still. And “Rally the Troops” doesn’t say the effective range.

Thank you, and looking forward to the next update!

Keymaster

Seems I forgot to change the description of the Captain perk. I’ve done so now.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Unfortunately today I saw a rare but annoying bug. Battle: 12 my brothers, 8 patrol, 22 Orcs. When one Orc left on the turn of patrol the game freezes – I can get to the menu and retreat, but turn from the patrol to my brothers not transmitted. unfortunately I can’t attach save or log but it will not help here, just want you to know this annoying bug still occurs.

Keymaster

You can attach the logfile if you just zip it. It would really help me out.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

sorry, i am not friend with pc and so things:) hope this 1 can help

Keymaster

Unfortunately that archive is empty ):

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

lets try 1 more time ^)

Attachments:
    Keymaster

That one works. Thanks!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.