Topic: There need to be missions to rebuild ruins.

Tagged: 

• Author
    Participant

I’ll just quote ForumDweller here:

Allow enemies to raid towns and villages and castles, but have them stop once the outer dwellings have all been demolished. While not very realistic, it’s the quickest and easiest way to retain crisis events without permanently destroying settlements. Furthermore, this approach is quite balanced because it robs players of valuable resources, but not to the point of no return.

oldschool rpg blog (in czech language)
    http://2k6goblinu.blogspot.cz/

Participant

(whoops, I responded to the wrong forum topic)

Participant

evs said somewhere that making the cities rebuild themselves (let alone make missions for it) would be too much of a workload on their sole programmer. I don’t really get that as it is probably the biggest problem with the game, but it’s understandable.

Do you remember where they said that?

I am kinda surprise to see it as a big issue with programming, not saying it would be super simple but they are already generating cities and settlements, so it should be pretty straightforward to adapt that.

It is really a mechanic that needs some reworking.

Participant

+1
    go get 10 set of woods, 2 sets of tool & supply, and have at least 2 brothers with labor or 1 with mason background, to help a settlement to rebuild. getting few coins as reward and a great boost of relationship as well.

Hehe. What happens if the Greenskin Invasion destroyed your only settlement with a woodcutter? :P
    I really like that idea though.

maybe i willleave the issue to the noble house and temple, after all they are the one who charges taxes xD
    but also since you mention this, i think the settlement with harbor could import some of these from foreign country, may the globe economic alive, hoho

Participant

but also since you mention this, i think the settlement with harbor could import some of these from foreign country, may the globe economic alive, hoho

That is a damn good idea! There are some maps that spawn without certain trade goods. It would be a nice addition if we could find those products at harbor cities/villages (rarely) and still sell them for a bit of profit to a big city/castle in the center of the map.

Participant

I understand that it may take too much coding, after full game release and all the work already put into the game, to add missions that rebuild cities. However, if that is the case than we should be given the option to not allow settlement destruction at all, or even better just remove that game mechanic for good as personally (and from what I’ve read from others) it’s not a positive addition to the game.

Participant

I can see a bit of an issue with making it a quest though. Logistically that is. Who owns a burned castle if it’s been rebuilt? What’s to stop a player from letting many keeps be destroyed to rebuild them for a specific faction? If the faction that owned the castle before it was destroyed is hostile, does the quest never occur? Granted, if they’re hostile chances are the location was never used to begin with, but relations do change over the course of a game. A down castle absolutely changes patrol generation which makes roads immediately more dangerous. Castles and settlements definitely need to be restored, but whether that’s from a quest, event, or other mechanism is up in the air.

The owner should be the faction who owned it before, now if the faction is hostile you should probably wait for it to become neutral or unfriendly to do the rebuilding. As for the quests, and that isn’t a reply to Sekata, I don’t believe they should require a specific background brother, like a woodcutter or a mason. After all, we command a mercenary company whose main purpose is to fight, not to build anything. Therefore, it should provide protection for the peasants who seek to rebuild the town, perhaps in quests similar to that in the Undead Invasion when you need to defend a city from the incoming hordes.

Participant

Overhype just anounced on FB and Twitter that permanent destruction will soon be optional! Yay

oldschool rpg blog (in czech language)
    http://2k6goblinu.blogspot.cz/

Participant

Rejoice, the update is here! Only affects new games but welllll…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.