Topic: Wishlist for future DLC/Addon

• Author
    Participant

More diverse and special battleground. It would really help the immersion part of this game if when fighting on a graveyard (which happens pretty often considering how many “graverobber” contracts we get) the tileset would reflect that. The same is true for the different encampment types as well as cities, castles and villages.
    And something really new could be dungeon locations where fights do not happen outsite but inside a specific location. Imagine having to fight something like a troll inside a cave, or vampires inside their catacombs.

I know that would really fill the workload of the artist without adding very much additional gameplay changes. So there should of course be more than only the visual changes. Having new inside and outside locations would however also give opportunities for new contracts and events, ending with battles there.

The next thing is only a very minor thing that will most likely be at the very bottom of whatever list you were making yourself, but have you ever thought about giving the player more influence on how your captian looks?
    My idea would be to give the player the ability to choose how the captain looks (the figurine of your merc band on the worldmap) and giving himspecial equipment that can be seen on him. For example helmets, armors, trinkets that can be shown on the character. You can also show the captain figurine in event screens to show it is you interacting with clients, battlebrothers and so on.
    This system should of course not be purely visual. It could very much be interwoven with the new system you are going to introduce in the new dlc. These special items could be either low value stuff bought in towns, made from trophies or treasures found in the wild.
    These items could give buffs or special effects to your entire mercenary group when equipped on the captain. Possible would to use standard items for both mercs and the captain and letting them have alternative effects when used on him. Better relation improvement, better discounts at specific merchants and similar thing might be possibilities. This way you would not only have your mercs that change over time but also your appearance on the worldmap being less static.

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

More diverse and special battleground. It would really help the immersion part of this game if when fighting on a graveyard (which happens pretty often considering how many “graverobber” contracts we get) the tileset would reflect that. The same is true for the different encampment types as well as cities, castles and villages.
    And something really new could be dungeon locations where fights do not happen outsite but inside a specific location. Imagine having to fight something like a troll inside a cave, or vampires inside their catacombs.

I already suggested these two ideas, perhaps it is just too much work to create additional tilesets. Maybe we will see more in BB2.

A wise general wins before the battle, while the ignorant general must fight to win - Zhuge Liang

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.