Reply To: Stopping a way to cheat Ironman

Participant

Unfortunately, then you could just alt-f4 at the beginning of every battle and back up the save to reload if all goes wrong. It would also allow people to fight partially through the battle, and if going well, back up that save to restart from. In the end, there are almost always ways to circumvent rogue like save systems. It really is up to you to discipline yourself. If you just can’t keep yourself from save scumming, play ironman at a lower difficulty. Even beginner can pose some challenge when all choices are final. It may be that you are just facing too much of a challenge. Just remember, games are for fun, not validation. If you enjoy playing with reload, then don’t play ironman. It doesn’t make you less of a person. Personally, I have saves that are ironman running along side my saves that are regular. That way I can play a little bit in ironman (which I really take my time on decision making and is a little more tense) and when I start to get burned out, play some on regular saves.