Reply To: Content Suggestions

Participant

Hello, everyone!

I joined the Battle Brotherhod quite recently. But here are my suggestions =/

No plot

There’s no plot or objective in a game. I played the hardest difficulty level. At a certain point the game becomes boring. When you can beat everyone on the map and there’s no other ambition for you. You can’t establish your own city/caste/estate or conquer your own kingdom or county.

Turn-based world map

The Fighting system is one of the best I’ve ever seen. The World map is not. Let’s be honest. Your target audience is not those who choose “Whitcher” or “Dota”. You make game for those try-hards who play chess, df, Banner Saga, HoMM and table-top party games. Give them an opportunity to control several different squads of battle brothers, build villages and strongholds. World map as it is can not provide such opportunity.

And Thanks for the Battle Brothers, guys. I really enjoy your Game! =)

Hello and welcome in the Brotherhood withou… erhm I mean in the Battle Brothers Community.
Please don´t get me wrong but it hurts a bit to see people writing suggestions that are thought through but at the same time you realise that they did not even read the store page infos. There will be a plot. What you are playing right now is the scaffolding of the game to come.

Coming features

Worldmap story and progression mechanic.
Non-combat characters for your mercenary company.
Scavenger-hunts for legendary artifacts.
A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
Indoor tactical combat environments, such as dungeons.
A fully skinned UI.
More content: More enemies, terrain types, items, contracts, character backgrounds and at least one additional major enemy faction acting in the world.

This is what is stated there and if you also take a look here http://battlebrothersgame.com/strategic-worldmap/ you will notice that right at the bottom of the list there is the BIG plot this game will be about. An invasion by one of the enemie factions which can be orcs, undead, beasts…

Also this game is definitely not about building castles and founding cities or even forging kingdomes. You are playing as a wandering mercenary band. You go where the jobs are. You are not leading a crusader chapter with an Ordensburg (interesting there is no english word for this)

"I am a Paladin!"
>OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
"OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"