Battle Brothers is now available on GOG here with a 25% launch discount to celebrate the occasion. It comes with all the tactical challenge and goodness, and all the achievements of the Steam version, but none of the DRM. Huzzah!
The 1.1 update to Battle Brothers is here and brings a bunch of additions and changes, as well as various bugfixes – see below for the complete changelog. Also, we’re talking about what we’ll be doing next.
We’re happy to announce that the Digital Lore & Art Book, which is part of the Supporter Edition of Battle Brothers, has been finalized and released. If you own it, it will download automatically to the ‘Extras’ folder of your game installation.
It’s been one month now since Battle Brothers graduated from Early Access and was released a finished game into the world. Let’s talk about what’s next!
Battle Brothers finally graduated from Early Access and was released a finished game last Friday, one week ago. It’s been a very busy week for us, but also a satisfying one, as the game was received very favorably and is still performing decently in terms of sales.
Our focus for the next few weeks is finishing the Art & Lore Book for the Supporter Edition, and taking care of any remaining bugs and technical issues that are coming to light now that so many more people are playing the game at once. We’ll all be taking a break from development later in April to recharge our batteries, as working on the game for so long has been taxing for everyone, and really, we could all use a vacation.
And then? Based on how the game has performed so far, and will continue to perform in the coming weeks, we’ll determine if and how we can continue to develop Battle Brothers, both with free updates for everyone, and a potential sizable DLC that would add new content and mechanics. At the same time, we’ll also determine whether adding support for different languages, and some kind of modding, is viable. We’ll keep you updated!
It’s here and it’s done! We’re excited to see the finished Battle Brothers graduate from Early Access and be fully released today, on March 24th, 2017.
Creating this game together with you has been a long and rewarding adventure, and we’re very happy with what the game has grown to become. We hope you enjoy playing Battle Brothers as much as we enjoyed developing it – and given a successful launch, this won’t be the end of the road.
With the game’s release, the soundtrack is now also available as a separate DLC. If you’re the owner of the Deluxe or Supporter edition, it’ll be automatically delivered to you via Steam. The Art & Lore book will become available in the coming weeks.
Let’s celebrate this momentous occasion with our new gameplay trailer for launch and final feature list of the Battle Brothers 1.0 release.
- Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world.
- Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries.
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead.
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witch hunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each character gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
- Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
- Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge – add a looming threat along with new contracts, enemies and events.
- Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack.
- 70 Steam Achievements and Steam Trading Cards