18. July 2015 at 19:22 #5333
Battle Brothers – Early Access – Build: 0.4.1.5
A. SPACE to Pause not working
After visiting settlement pressing Spacebar button does not Pause the game.
Steps to reproduce:
– come close to any Town\Village\Tower (or enter and leave once to be close)
– double click or click fast several times to enter (while town UI still not opened)
– do what you want in town and leave by pressing Esc of ‘Leave’ button.
– once on worldmap, press Spacebar and confirm it doesn’t trigger Pause.
– press Esc button 2..n times (depends on number of clicks made to enter town) until Escape Menu appears.
– press ‘Resume’ or Esc again to close menu.
– now Spacebar works again as intended.
Works every time, and was present in earlier builds too.
Maybe it’s not as much a bug, as a slow hardware fault. >_>
B. Unclosable event window
Perhaps related to bug A. Unfortunately i totally forgot to make screenshots. T_T
Happened in a situation where event triggered the moment my band was about to enter town, so event window appeared AND town UI appeared over it leaving me no time to ‘complete’ event. (It was food loss event, if it matters at all)
After pressing ‘Leave’ button town UI closed making it possible to read contents of event, but event’s single button was unresponsive to mouse clicks and Esc making it impossible to close/dismiss, and spacebar didn’t pause the game – time was ticking as it normally does after leaving town if you entered it not in ‘pause’ state.
That left my band free to wander and enter towns/battles, but nonetheless event window persisted, which lead me to force close the game.
C. Stuck patrols
This happened in one particular playthrough (saves attached):
Ironheart Tower’s patrol permanently stuck near City of Wallstadt presumably on day 4, probably after fleing from bandit raiders or werewolf hunting pack.
Should I lure werewolves (from day7 forest between Wallstadt and Ironheart Tower, using save 004) near patrol then it becomes unstuck and goes on evasive/offensive maneuvers while hesitating to initiate a fight.
If forced by player to fight and survives this encounter, after battle is over it’s stuck on world map again standing in place where was caught.
Woodcroft Tower’s patrol permanently stuck entering Tower after returning from their trip to Lagenthal on day 7’s evening. Reproducible (happens every time using save 004, and remains stuck in every subsequent save)
D. no Events triggering
Same playthrough. Not a single event happened since new game till day 31 where my band is now. That’s not much, i understand, but log keeps relentlessly spamming:
chance to fire event: 298.719%
chance to fire event: 299.507%
chance to fire event: 300.295%
..and so on. As if it wants to trigger event, but can’t for some reason.
(Saves and logs attached)
E. Entity ID not found
While fighting Bandit Raiders got these errors in log:
ERROR: Failed to update entity. Reason: Entity id: 7510 not found.
ERROR: Failed to update entity. Reason: Entity id: 14641 not found.
ERROR: Failed to update entity. Reason: Entity id: 14646 not found.
While in battle nothing made it apperent that something was wrong.. Log attached
Attachments:20. July 2015 at 13:24 #5356
Hey, thanks for reporting these! Your instructions on how to reproduce A really helped me out, as I was aware of the issue but didn’t know when it occured exactly until now.
Issues A through D should be fixed now. E isn’t really something that affectes the game – it’s just the UI being out of synch with the rest of the game for a frame or so and letting everyone know.20. July 2015 at 17:34 #5359
Glad that it helped you to improve such an awesome game!
And thanks for reply, good to know work is in full swing. ^_^1. August 2015 at 22:34 #5599
F) Tooltip for ‘Yes,Sir!’ (buff from Captain perk) shows wrong resolve numbers
Effectively it shows half of actual bonus rounded down, while it should show what it adds – the bonus itself, which is half of difference between captain’s resolve and afflicted ally’s resolve, as stated in perk’s description:
– here is an example of tooltip from #11. Volker, the dastard. He have 47 resolve (42 in battle), while captain have 92, which makes the difference equal 50, and half of it – 25 resolve – should be the bonus given to him (and it is in his stats), but the tooltip halves it again.. to 12.
And it’s the same for everyone:
Stats used from save ‘day31_1__Too many Orcs’.
G) Bugged Mood description.
..or mood state altogether. Gunnar’s (#6 bro) mood looks like this:
Here in Trig’s Bug Reports shown similar effect. But in my case, if we let the time flow (from morning day 31 when it occured, day31_2__tmp-stat save), it’s being replaced by next mood state in a day or two (from Eager to In Good Spirit) retaining the problem:
Though here is a twist: at some point after 1-2 battles and several save/loads on day 31 before midday this bugged mood state disappeared without transition to ‘lower’ mood states like it wasn’t there before, and no, there were no events which could change the mood (saves attached). I tested many times earlier saves where the mood was still present letting the time flow while staying still and doing nothing meanwhile cheking for changes and it takes several days (up to day 32-33 or even more) for transition regardless if it’s bugged or not, so i presume either battle or save/load function somewhere messed up the save file.
..and just an extra, totally unrelated:
H) unknown mime type – log attached.
Attachments:3. August 2015 at 16:29 #5615
Thanks again for your help!
F has been fixed.
I’ve since cleaned up how mood is handled as I can finally break save compatibility for the next update. Issue G may have been fixed in the process.
I’ll look into H when I have the time. Was there any adverse effect other than the error message buried in the logfile?3. August 2015 at 18:03 #5616
Regarding ‘H’ unfortunately i didn’t notice any effect ingame whatsoever. I simply checked for errors after game session as usual and there was this one uncommon, so i decided to share it.
On the other note I have a question: This button “..\gfx\ui\buttons\destroy-item-button.png” should be present somewhere in stash UI, but nowhere to be found. Is it an error or the functionality conceived, but not present yet for some reason?3. August 2015 at 18:11 #56175. August 2015 at 09:45 #5621
I will allow myself to write here about the bugs still in the latest build it’s not the bugs but mistakes in the description and work, but I think that if it will be less – the better, right?
1. Description perc Debilitate not specified their real value on stamina and AP.
2. Strike of the hammer №2 Crush Armor – if this shot you get to the part of body which has no armor – just no damage. think not quite right.
off top : Rap, I hope the blood on the armor on your new avatare – the blood of dead bugs right? :)5. August 2015 at 11:12 #5622
1) Not quite sure what you mean. The Debilitate skill has the correct amount of AP and Fatigue costs shown in the tooltip. These amounts are never shown in the tooltip for perks that unlock active skills, however. Is that what you’re missing?
2) The Crush Armor skill always does 10 points of damage to hitpoints on a hit. The tooltip description says so, too. Maybe the skill should be renamed to better reflect what it does – using the weapon to batter, deform, rip and otherwise render the target’s armor unusable, but not for one big crushing strike or so.
Yeah, the blood is from re-ordering the game’s innards ;)5. August 2015 at 12:47 #5625
about № 1 of this screenshot may be something from me? but I started a new game with the latest patch.
№ 2, I’m not saying that the description is not correct, I only said that the blow that can break down more than 100 points of armor if ingested part of the body has not armor gets only 10 gamage – hmm not logical in my humble opinion, but of course you decide
Attachments:5. August 2015 at 13:11 #5629
1) Oh I see, that’s already been fixed for the next update. Thanks for reporting it, nontheless :)
2) That’s why I said that maybe the name of the skill should change to better reflect what it actually does; it’s not supposed to be a mighty blow but an attempt to specifically destroy armor, and not necessarily by crushing it. In any case, how weapons interact with armor has changed with the introduction of direct damage recently, so that also changed how this skill works slightly.5. August 2015 at 13:18 #5630
Thank you for your answers and for that have already been corrected. Well we’ll just have to wait for the new large patch ang look the mistakes in it :) just kidding, just want to make this a great game was perfect as far as possible …
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.