Topic: Build 0.5.0.1. Discussion of the patch.

• Author
    Participant

Oh, and I also noticed that werewolves are much slower now. My company of 10 guys outran a few deadly and challenging werewolf packs. Happened more than once. Weird.

Keymaster

My company of 10 guys outran a few deadly and challenging werewolf packs.

We reduced their worldmap speed :)

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

That, and the labeling. Even puny Goblin groups pose a serious threat.

We will adress the Goblin labelling very soon, as well as some other changes. It’s the first workday today after releasing the Goblin Update, and we are on the case :)

Don’t hurry! I like the idea of tiny goblins actually having a serious working military. However, those units probably shouldn’t appear in force in the first few days. Have goblin scouts, raiders and infiltrators show up first, you know, (very) light infantry and maybe the odd light cavalry. Regular chainmailed line infantry accompanied by sniper commandos should follow later.

As an aside: do goblins actually have a lower morale? It doesn’t seem so to me, they hold the line pretty well.

Participant

If goblins have any weakness, I’m having trouble finding it, they seem -exceptionally- well prepared for most things. Goblins are amazingly well organised as a military, I’m wondering now why the castles don’t pay for platoons of the damned things themselves *exhales*

Definitely need to be adjusted for the early game, because right now at least they’re absolutely insane for starting parties, a group marked as “Even” is in no way survivable. “Even” should mean a 50:50 chance to win, not a 50:50 chance to retreat with one survivor *grin*

Participant

I’m avoiding Goblins whenever I can. Leveling up my brothers, before taking revenge for my fallen comrades. Oh, yesh, this is going to be good…
    The militia is really ridiculous weak. The should get equipment that allows a skirmish fighting style, similar to the gobbos. At the moment they have good number, but can’t attack together. A few skirmishers could change that.

Just experienced a four way battle, if you count the Landknechts as seperate party! :P

Participant

The edit button is gone, so I’ll post anew:

Scale Armor has 300 hitpoints and -36 max. fatigue
    Heavy Lamellar Armor has 285 hitpoints ans -40 max. fatigue

Scale Armor is more expensive. Shouldn’t the Heavy Lamellar Armor have less fatigue reduction?

Keymaster

Scale Armor is more expensive. Shouldn’t the Heavy Lamellar Armor have less fatigue reduction?

Our approach here is that the lamellar Armor can be built a lot easier than the scale armor and therefore is less expensive and more readily available.
    On the downside it has a worse Ar/Fatigue ratio.
    Its worth getting the lamellar nevertheless as it provides a lot of AR and, as I just mentioned, should be quite a bit easier to get.

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yay for the new patch! I think this is going in the right direction. Of course, you’ll have to keep in mind that no one on this forum is gonna cry when the game gets too easy, so aim for a fair but hard challenge – at least in the long run. Wolfriders, as nasty as they are, shouldn’t be slower than your brother footmen forever :)

Participant

Oh I love a challenge, don’t get me wrong, but I think the goblins are -too well organised-, if that makes sense. Skirmishers are all decked out with bolas AND melee weapons AND shields. I got jumped by an ambush party loaded with ghille suits and all kinds of horrors, these are goblins who are really out to kick ass, like, end game goblins on day 5. That seems a bit unbalanced. It might be that you need to set up the equivalent of “Orc Young” for the early days so bands don’t get arbitrarily wiped out to begin with.

Participant

Oh I love a challenge, don’t get me wrong, but I think the goblins are -too well organised-, if that makes sense. Skirmishers are all decked out with bolas AND melee weapons AND shields. I got jumped by an ambush party loaded with ghille suits and all kinds of horrors, these are goblins who are really out to kick ass, like, end game goblins on day 5. That seems a bit unbalanced. It might be that you need to set up the equivalent of “Orc Young” for the early days so bands don’t get arbitrarily wiped out to begin with.

Of course, yes. My post was meant more as a reminder for the long run.

Participant

since when bandits have over 300 hp?
    and after hitting 11 hp he alread had health – 0.

Participant

Another weird thing I just ran into. I got a town in the middle of the mountains and no road leading to it? I fear this town is going to receive very few visits from my mercs XD

Participant

He must have some solid armor. Is he a bandit leader?

On the second though he must have 2nd Tier def perk that can cheat death.

Keymaster

On the second though he must have 2nd Tier def perk that can cheat death.

Exactly. Its called “nine lives”. Only bandit leaders have it.
    Remember that ALL enemies use some of the perks from the normal perk system. Orcs for example have the shield crusher perk, doing extra damage to shields. Werewolves have “berserk”, restoring AP if they score a kill. All goblins have quick hands and so forth….

It will become a lot clearer to the player once we have implemented the right-click info window on enemies, but all UI tasks atend to be very tedious, time consuming and bug-creating :(

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I apologize for my English. I’m not quite correctly described the situation. Of course, I am aware that the enemy may have the same perks as mercenaries. and I mean that perk “nine lives” he has already used on the impact of 11 damage – I note is that why he had to die after it. instead, he then still experiencing an impact on the 230 and alive. And this is not an isolated case. sometimes it seems that the enemies do not want to die this turn – they need a little more mischief …
    and I did not notice anything like that before the patch to change armor’s work

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.