Topic: Import / Export for Characters

• Author
    Participant

One of the features I really loved in Mount and Blade (and Wasteland 2) was the ability to Export your veteran character and Import them into a fresh new game.
    I think it would be awesome if you could do something like that in Battle Brothers.
    Have your favorite veteran warrior start their own company in a new land.

Keymaster

We thought about this and it also has been requested before. Thing is, this will give you a really crazy early game advantage to the point where the game is not a challenge anymore. A decked out level 10 merc can singlehandedly wipe whole groups of bandits. This is very hard to balance.

Overhype Studios - follow us!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

@Harm

Have you ever had a guy with heavy weapons, ~90 Melee Skill, Battle Flow, Beserk and Perfect Focus?

I’ve had a guy with a greataxe singlehandedly mow down 9 Orcs. In one turn.

Have your tank Rotate your carry in. Perfect focus. Swing. With Battle Flow, kills reduce your fatigue. Beserk triggers, now you can Move without ending your turn. Do so. Swing. Kills reduce fatigue. Move. Swing.

@Jaysen

With all due respect, this is a single player game. Players play the game how they want to, at the difficulty they want to. I suppose you could add a warning “May break the game!” to some options.

Keymaster

With all due respect, this is a single player game. Players play the game how they want to, at the difficulty they want to. I suppose you could add a warning “May break the game!” to some options.

Basically ou are right of course. Every player should be able to play a single player game the way he enjoys most. The tricky part comes into play when we have to drop other features just to implement this one. We always have to prioritize very sharply to not overburden ourselves and lose focus of what we are really trying to achieve with the game.

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Problem I see with this is that it would only add an option that breaks the game, without adding anything to the overall design. Like Psen says, it would also require time and attention spent on it that would be better spend on features crucial to the game. It does seems like exactly the kind of thing though that modders could implement. Hopefully the game is succesful enough to justify them getting developed. :)

Participant

Basically ou are right of course. Every player should be able to play a single player game the way he enjoys most. The tricky part comes into play when we have to drop other features just to implement this one. We always have to prioritize very sharply to not overburden ourselves and lose focus of what we are really trying to achieve with the game.

Cheers!

This is understandable. Overall, I can agree that importation is of a lower priority than most of the suggested features.

Inactive

Nice post. This post was very useful for me . I got many information from this post. Thanks for share this post with us. visit website

Participant

Not that I’m really looking for it, but reading the thread did get me thinking at least; what about a system in which you can save your favorite characters, and then they can show up for recruitment but at whatever level you initially recruited that character? Somewhat similar to how you can save characters in XCOM and they will show back up for recruitment in later games looking the same but without their level ups. For instance, you have a militia guy that you recruited at level 2, he’s got an awesome set of talents and traits and has led you through thick and thin for hundreds of days. You’ve grown attached to him, so you decide to save him. Next time you start a game, that character will eventually be found in the recruitment pool in a town somewhere with whatever face and body features he had when you saved him, but his level, stats, traits, and talents will just be the same as when you initially recruited him. If you saved a whole company of guys in a previous game, you could try to go around and find all the characters from the company you had in a past life, so to speak. Again, it’s not a feature that I think is essential, but it would be a cool little addition to see familiar faces in the recruitment pools.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.